Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upload profile image

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
31 of 40

Hi there,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then pease try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Also note that in completing your profile, you will need to use your legal name. Thank you!

~Nina
Stephan N Member Since: Feb 22, 2018
32 of 40

keeps turning photo 90 Degrees! as well as rejecting!!!

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
33 of 40

Hi Stephan,

Apologies for the late follow up on your post. I edited the photo you shared so please download it and try uploading it to your profile. Let us know if it worked.

As an explanation, if the picture you were trying to upload was taken using a smartphone, the file may have some meta data attached to it. The solution is to follow the instructions shared here to resolve this issue or alternatively to crop the photo taken by your mobile phone, to prevent it from being uploaded sideways.

Please follow the steps above if uploading a different photo and as a bonus tip, you can consider throwing on a smile for the camera and your future clients.

Gregory S Member Since: May 2, 2018
34 of 40

I attempted to upload a picture for my profile, but I was thwarted by the size requirement. This particular picture is good enough for Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, but not for my profile here - due exclusively to the size requirement. It is the only picture I have of myself that works for this type of thing. Must you really be so strict about this particular requirement?

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
35 of 40

Hi Gregory,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble uploading your photo as a profile pic. At this time, profile photos must meet the requirements of being JPEG, PDF or PNG and at least 250px by 250px. Unfortuntely we won't be able to change these requirements at this time.

~Nina
Rose B Member Since: Feb 5, 2019
36 of 40

I can't upload a picture, it's too big. I don't know how to fix that.

Community Leader
Matthew T Member Since: Nov 18, 2017
37 of 40

Hey Rose, have you tried making it smaller, so that it fits the frame.

For Linux desktop, I would suggest:**Edited for community guidelines**

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
38 of 40

Hi Rose and Marlone, 

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Additionally, use some photo editing tool to crop/resize it.

Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Sonia G Member Since: Feb 26, 2019
39 of 40

Hey,

I've uploaded all pictures of me I possess and still "Sorry. something went wrong. We were unable to upload Your picture".

I mean this website is fine and I want to apply for a nice job offer, but its just a website so come on. I literally used my Indian Visa and CV pictures and they were rejected. So standards are high!

I also used two Pixabay portraits of clealrly visible woman just to check if its something wrong with me and still no luck.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
40 of 40

Hi Sonia,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser, if you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know what type of browsers did you used. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS