🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Clever Scam
Page options
d0ac2b25
Community Member

Clever Scam

Hello,

I am new to Upwork, but am becoming more familiar with the platform as time goes on.  I have been caught up in the spammy job posts just like everyone else, but this last one threw me for a loop.  I submitted a proposal for a job that checked all the boxes... decent job description, payment verified and it was even a "featured job".  After the first communication with the client, it was clearly not a legitimate position.  I thought I did everything correctly, but here I am losing more connects and the job has been removed.

Honestly, I'm bleeding connects and wondering if they'll be returned.  (I've noticed that only once did I receive my connects back after the post was flagged).

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Candace,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I understand how frustrating it can be to lose Connects to a fake or scam job post. We take this issue very seriously and are constantly working to improve our system to prevent this from happening. When a job post is removed because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, the Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that the Connect for the said job post is already credited to your Upwork account. You can refer to the Connect History page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Candace,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I understand how frustrating it can be to lose Connects to a fake or scam job post. We take this issue very seriously and are constantly working to improve our system to prevent this from happening. When a job post is removed because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, the Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that the Connect for the said job post is already credited to your Upwork account. You can refer to the Connect History page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you, Pradeep.  Previously I had received notifications when the Connects were credited, but have not received any recently.  Connect History... I learned something new today!

Cheers!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths