Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not following upwork rules.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
31 of 33

Lester B wrote:

What can I tell him ? Obviously his comment will remain there even if I graduated from college. And his starting statement seems to tell that he hired me through upwork now I am in direct which is not good. What can I do ?

in my very humble experience, it doesn't really take much energy to type the letters "n" and "o" in chat and then move on with your day. Upwork even has a nifty block feature, but when they rage at me over dumb things I just sit and enjoy the show. Blocking would kill the glorious funny ragefacer drama.

Community Guru
32 of 33

Lester B wrote:

Thank you martina, To tell everyone I am a self supporting student I pay my school fee I am a college student and I am also the one who provide needs of my daughter , pay bills. I am 20 years old and not everyone have a prosperous life like anyone does. I want to pick up myself from the ground and become successful by working hard. I get 2-4 hours of sleep please don't judge me I am not into client who doesn't follow rules as I want to build clean and nice reputation here on upwork and be known to my set of skills/field.

OK Mr 20 year old with bills, I'm gonna give you the cold hard truth of the world so you can avoid doing dumb things. Upwork is a corporation and they are in it to make money. They don't care about your fee fees and they don't care about your kid or your problems. They want money. But, you can make some nice $$$$$$ on Upwork as long as you make them money. You make them money by billing through their system. They will leave you alone if you make them money. The only way to make them money is to bill through their system.

So ignore the dumb noob advice and live by the #1 rule on Upwork "Bill through Upwork." If you do this, nothing else matters. As long as you're not scamming people and the cash is flowing, Upwork doesn't care whatsoever about what you do do make money. They will leave you alone, and the great thing is you can live a really nice life. As long as everyone is making money, everyone is happy.

So don't do dumb things and take the billing off of Upwork. That's all you gotta remember. Treat Upwork as a big corporation that just wants money, but in doing so you make money too and you can pay your bills.

Community Guru
33 of 33

Hilarious. Took the advice of some rando noob that said "sure go for it" while 45 other people said "don't do it." 

I come here for moments like this.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS