🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Clinte Project Budget is to low. What should ...
Page options
designer_navo
Community Member

Clinte Project Budget is to low. What should I need to do now?

I face an experience, Client Posts lots of requirements but they have little budget to complete the project. After hiring me he shares me. What should I do now? I am new at Upwork for which reason I am confused.

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Navojit D wrote:

I face an experience, Client Posts lots of requirements but they have little budget to complete the project. After hiring me he shares me. What should I do now? I am new at Upwork for which reason I am confused.

That's why it is urgently recommended to clarify the scope before clicking "accept". The client knows very well that you will be worried about bad feedback now.

You can only - very professionally - discuss the scope with your client. Tell them what was included, and what was not. The client might be understanding, or not, hard to say. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Navojit:

You made a mistake when you accepted a contract in which everything was not already clear.

Nevertheless, a client can not add things to a fixed-price task after an agreement is already in place.

Look at precisely what was written down in the task agreement, and do that. Do no more than that.

Your goal should be to provide high-quality work to the client, so that he wants more from you. But you should not work for free.

I recommend that you finish the original agreed upon task, and then tell the client you will be happy to do more, but first he needs to close the current contract.

When you finish the original agreed task then you need to click the Submit Work for Payment button.

Do NOT wait for a message from him to say that everything is done. Do NOT wait until you have done all the new things he is asking for. Finish the original agreed upon task and then click the button.

After that, don't do any new work that wasn't in the original agreement. In order for him to get additional work, he needs to release the first milestone payment and set up a new contract or milestone.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths