🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Connects
Page options
4dad10eb
Community Member

Connects

I just want to know why so many jobs require as much as 16 connects to apply for them even for first time clients who have no history! This is too expensive considering the fact that the price of connects ave gone up including VAT. Can you guys please look into this? It's becoming frustrating seeing all the jobs in my feed require 16 connects each and Upwork seems to be excited in giving me only 10 monthly connects as though its something worth celebrating.

6 REPLIES 6
e95aad3f
Community Member

I understand your frustration with the high number of connects required to apply for jobs on Upwork, especially for new clients without a history. The increased cost of connects, along with the VAT, can make the process of applying for jobs more expensive. Many freelancers share your concerns about this issue.

Your feedback about the number of connects required and the pricing is valuable, and it's important for platforms like Upwork to consider the needs and concerns of their users. Changes in policies and pricing are typically made based on user feedback and platform evaluations.

If you feel that the current connect pricing and allocation system is hindering your ability to apply for jobs effectively, I recommend reaching out to Upwork's customer support or looking for official channels where you can provide your feedback. Expressing your concerns in a respectful and constructive manner can help bring attention to this issue and potentially lead to improvements in the platform's policies.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Blessings,

There are 4,000,000 active freelancer to 830,000 active clients, therefore if anything, the mimimum number of connects needs to be higher so clients don't get so many proposals that overwhelm them.

4dad10eb
Community Member

William,

I think there are other inexpensive ways this can be done. There can be limits for job proposals sent per job, etc. This current system is not sustainable for many first time freelancers or those with no jobs. There has to be a way to regulate it.

Blessing,

Being a freelancer is running a business and that cost money. There is no way around that fact.

Blessings,

Placing limits on the number of proposal only blocks the freelancers that don't apply within a few minutes.

Running a freelancing business costs money.

Use your social media footprint to send traffic to your Profile.

4dad10eb
Community Member

William,

LOL . . . weren't we spending money before now? Why should new freelancers especially spend so much money to send proposals that sometimes won't be viewed? 12/16 connects to send a proposal is too much is all I am saying.There are other costs to be considered too.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths