🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Created an account - forgot i created one tha...
Page options
sg91
Community Member

Created an account - forgot i created one that got rejected 5 years ago

So basically i messed up... I recently thought about starting a freelancing career because although my work is highly appreciated it is not well paid at my full-time job(budget and stuff about not having a finished degree, company policy, etc  despite doing the same work as my colleagues - just better)

So I created an account and noticed i could not use my gmail. At first I thought my email got compromised and left a . out of my address to create a new account. Then I thought about using the reset Password function and look into the account using my email-address. Long story short - that was an account I had made and forgot about. The old profile never got accepted and my skillset has changed significantly over the years. I updated my old profile but the new account exists and I read that this means I could get banned from upwork permanently. Since I would hate to cut my new career off before it even started I would like to get this resolved as soon as possible so I don't lose this chance. --> New account = this accounts mail without the '.' in the middle.

PS: Please don't ban my account for an honest mistake...

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. In this case, it would be best for you to close the account you just recently created. You can do this by following the steps in this help article. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths