» Forums » New to Upwork » Delete
Page options
a78d9a4d
Community Member

Delete

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for your message. Feel free to use the "Flag as Inappropriate" option throughout the site to report any suspicious activity or job post so that our team can investigate this further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PradeepH

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for your message. Feel free to use the "Flag as Inappropriate" option throughout the site to report any suspicious activity or job post so that our team can investigate this further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Nothing to indicate this is a scam. How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Yes, I have to agree with that. If I saw a client with 6 hires and 0 feedback and $0 spend.  That would indicate something is not quite right with the client. Not sure that translates to scam though.

Because they have not been paid yet for a fixed price job. Nothing fishy about that. 

Duncan W wrote:

All those hire you can confirm the hired  have worked 0 hours and if you could have come across the job post had more than 25 invites and interviews, who does that. and explain to me how the 5 jobs in progress worked o hours. Visit the selected freelancers and check the progress jobs and tell me if you find one. They found out something not working and canceled the offer.

He doesn't have 5 jobs in progress; his hire rate is 60%, so out of the 5 jobs that he's posted, he hired 2 freelancers. And he only joined at the end of August, so it's possible that these were fixed price jobs that aren't finished yet (or hourly contracts that didn't start yet) therefore zero earnings would be showing on the profiles of the freelancers that he hired.

Duncan W wrote:

The profile wins the naive freelancers with the 60% the system haven't  regarded void as the freelancers didn’t  accept the offer.

The same profile you accept offer and tell you to meet telegram already.

Auto sums.

The Telegram scammers don't have verified payment methods and don't hire anybody on Upwork; that's the whole point. So their ratings would show as having zero hires, not 60%. A Telegram scammer also wouldn't have joined in August; they will have joined the same day (or very recently), because they always get kicked off and have to start new accounts.

Nice try with the detective work, but you haven't proven that this client is a scammer. There are enough obvious scams posted that there's no need to go digging around for them. 

thanks for the information, atleast i have some clue why its 0 hours worked. 

You should find this information before you make accusations in a public forum, though you didn't make the client visible, so that is not a problem there. 

But other inexperienced freelancers might base their decisions on faulty information, so you are doing them a disservice. I recommend you do all the Academy courses in case you have not finished them yet.

Again, not how the scams work. Advance fee scammers don't hire at all, they take advantage of freelancers who don't know how hiring works. If you flag a genuine job posting, you might cause problems for a legit client - though unlikely - alieneating them from the platform. I don't believe this is your goal?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths