🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Different profile image
Page options
nettiegurl16
Community Member

Different profile image

Why doesn't Upwork allow different images for a profile?  I do both voiceover, and copywriting, which are very different channels. So one image doesn't quite cut it, as a versatile professional. I've seen others posting similar over this, including on Reddit.  Feedback?

3 REPLIES 3
c1c9191c
Community Member

I don't know why Upwork doesn't allow it but I think your profile picture should be just one professional photo. A simple portrait with high quality and good framing should work for both of your channels!

NikolaS

Hi Leanette, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you can have different portfolio items for your different specialized profiles to showcase the different types of work you do. But the main profile picture should be just a professional picture of you, it should also meet the guidelines and can't be different for different specialized profiles.

Additionally, could you please share more information about why you think that different profile pictures are needed for different specialized profiles? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
nettiegurl16
Community Member

I am happy to!  Inspired by other users, who've inquired about this, in the community forums.  I agreed that those who have multiple profile specialities, should have the option for separate images. Example, if you're a creative, but also a Tech, you should have option use a separate image for those profiles. If that makes sense. Since I am both a creative, and a business.  I don't want my creative ID image also overlaying my business profile, as that's typically inappropriate  or unprofessional, in some settings.  

- Leanette

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths