🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » End of contract
Page options
chef-charbel
Community Member

End of contract

I have a contract that ends tomorrow 9th. The customer is asking to extend it cause he's in the hospital on an emergency and don't have internet access!! Is there anyway i can extend it myself? 
or if i keep it as is will that affect anything from my part as a freelancer? I was never late to deliver in any contract before!!! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Charbel,

It looks like this is a Fixed-Priced Contract, please know the due date on the milestone is only informative and does not cause the contract to close.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

There is no button for "extending" a contract.

Upwork contracts do not actually have a termination date or due date or deadline in any functional sense.

If you see a deadline date, it is just a text string displayed for the convenience of users.

Upwork does not do anything with such dates. They are not used in calculating performance metrics or anything.

The only thing that matters is what the client thinks. Just communicate with the client about the schedule of turning in work. Don't worry about Upwork's software systems caring.

AndreaG

Hi Charbel,

It looks like this is a Fixed-Priced Contract, please know the due date on the milestone is only informative and does not cause the contract to close.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths