cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Work

Highlighted
Myisha G Member Since: Feb 23, 2018
1 of 11

Hello all! I'm new here and I am having a hard time finding clients. I've submitted a few proposal but I haven't heard anything. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I am a graphic design and I specialize in photomanipulation style pieces.

Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
2 of 11
Myisha, I've been here for a year now and I have trouble finding new clients. I'm very grateful that most of the clients I have worked for have come back.

A few proposals isn't many at all. It's not unusual to have to wait months to get a client when you're new on the platform.

Don't worry too much. Just submit proposals that address the client's needs. Don't talk too much about yourself unless it's related to how you can help solve their problem. Clients only initially see the first two lines of your proposal, so make good use of that space.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
3 of 11

Hi Myisha, 

Welcome to Upwork!

I would suggest that you read up on these freelancer resources we compiled to help you get started on Upwork. For more information about working safely through Upwork tips for avoiding questionable jobs

Additionally, you may also want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Jatinder k Member Since: Jan 9, 2017
4 of 11

Hello Myisha,

This thing happns with new freelancers, but dont worry keep trying and apply those jobs which you think that you are perfect fit for.  This message is just to encourage you to keep trying, by giving my example I also got my first job after a lot of struggle but now I am a successful freelancer and doing regular projects so keep going one day you will be “TOP RATED”.

Stay Positive

Thanks & Regards
JATINDER

Himani Rani B Member Since: Jan 21, 2018
5 of 11

please suggest me. How can I get regular work done?

Myisha G Member Since: Feb 23, 2018
6 of 11

Thanks everyone!!

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
7 of 11

I suggest hiding the test score that is below average.  Also, I would go with a more  adult-looking profile picture.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
8 of 11

@Mary W wrote:

I suggest hiding the test score that is below average.  Also, I would go with a more  adult-looking profile picture.

KInda makes you wonder about the profile approval process, doesn't it?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 11

Hi Myisha, 

The team has reached out to you via this email ticket. Please respond to the ticket to lift the limitation to your Upwork account. If you have further questions, you may post it on the same ticket thread, and the team will get back to you with more information.  

-Avery
Untitled
Rocky S Member Since: Apr 26, 2019
10 of 11

hi,

what kind of work you have.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS