🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » First job payment - hourly
Page options
ac47acd6
Community Member

First job payment - hourly

Hello,

I've just got my first job last week on satuday and sunday (3-4 september) and logged 9.5 hours. 

The amount I need to get is still seen as "in review".

When will I get to transfer the amount to my bank account?

How long is it going to take?

Could you walk me through the transfer process?

Thanks!

Last question: This is going to be the first payment I am going to get, is there anything extra I need to do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Alperen,

Congratulations on your first contract! 
Since this is an Hourly Contract, you are paid based on the Weekly Billing Cycle:

Week 1 – You log time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

Your client doesn't need to manually verify the work you completed, they can only file a dispute during the review period. If no action is taken on their end, your funds will be released to you as detailed above.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
AndreaG

Hi Alperen,

Congratulations on your first contract! 
Since this is an Hourly Contract, you are paid based on the Weekly Billing Cycle:

Week 1 – You log time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

Your client doesn't need to manually verify the work you completed, they can only file a dispute during the review period. If no action is taken on their end, your funds will be released to you as detailed above.

~Andrea
Upwork
ac47acd6
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for your answer.

We logged the hours on 3-4 september which is the last weekend (manually) and today is friday, and it's now my understanding that I am in week 2 of the cycle and my earnings are going to be available on 14 th of september, is this correct?

One more question: How long does it take for me to get my earnings into mt account? Since this is going to be my first payment, is there any extra procudure?

Last question: Let's say that Customer realase 200$ for a project based job right now. What's the cycle looks like for that? When do the earnings become available in that case?

Thanks!

4396f845
Community Member

Hello Andrea. I need your help please.

Currently I'm far away from my desktop/laptop and I just got my first hourly job. I didn’t see the need to take it with me because the 4 jobs I've gotten so far are all fixed price jobs.

I know a desktop app is needed to count the hours you spend working on the project. Please what do I do? Its urgent.

Thank you.

Hi Juliana,

I checked and it looks like you've only received an offer so far, if you would be unable to complete the work it would be best to communicate with the client before accepting. Please note that you could also use Manual Time to log your hours for the contract, that said, please keep in mind that Manual Time is not covered by Hourly Protection. This is something you may want to discuss with your client as well, before accepting an offer.

~Andrea
Upwork
4396f845
Community Member

Okay, thank you very much Andrea.

I had to ask before accepting the offer. Let me ask him and see what he says. I hope he would accept it because I have this bad feedback from the very last client i worked for and I want to correct my review ratings as soon as possible with a better one.

Is there any way I can edit the reply I gave to the bad feedback I received. I feel I should have added a better reply beneath it, so it wouldn't look so bad. 

I await your feedback. Thanks

Hi Juliana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
4396f845
Community Member

Hello Andrea. It's been a while. I hope you are doing great. Please another little issue has popped up.

I'm not subscribed to Upworks monthly membership plan, and hence I do not pay the monthly $14 bill. The free membership plan assures 10 free connects to each freelancer every month, which I've been receiving. For this month of May 2023, it's the 7th day already but I haven't received the 10 free connects yet. It's always helpful and I cannot overlook it. Can you help?

Hi Juliana,

Thank you for your message. I see that your billing cycle starts on the 7th of every month. Please allow 24-48 hours for the monthly Connects to be credited to your Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you very much Pradeep. I'll wait and watch like you've asked

4396f845
Community Member

Hi Andrea.

He reached out to me. Thank you very much

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths