🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

Hello Benjamin,
I'd suggest you review your profile photo.
Perhaps use one that's upright and that looks more professional / official. Consider also writing shorter proposals as most people don't have the luxury of time to read longer ones.

OK

Thanks alot

I really appreciate and will try to explore that option

Please can you help me out with a sample on how a good proposal should look like?

Hi Benjamin,

You can these articles for some great tips on writing proposals:

You can also check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. Also, you can sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

I hope this helps!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Alright

Thanks alot 

I will check it out

Really appreciate

kiramat86
Community Member

Kindly review my profile and give feedback

hello!!!

Thanks alot for your response. 

I really appreciate. 

I tried viewing your profile but discovered it is not public.

9d135646
Community Member

I would appreciate it, thanks

Hello Everyone!

Actually, I joined Upwork last year but wasn't able to continue last year I can now. Can you please all share your feedback related to my profile? I believe it is perfect now please review it if you can and share your feedback,

Also, I have applied for 60+ projects in the last two weeks and haven't received any response so please help me with that too, what I should do to get the client's attention?

Much appreciated!

Thanks,
Araib

d6b36084
Community Member

Hi, Thank you for your posting.Robot Very Happy

I am Anastasiia, a new freelancer on Upwork.

How can I get a feedback?

Please help me

Best

Smiley Happy

Anastasiia A wrote:

Hi, Thank you for your posting.Robot Very Happy

I am Anastasiia, a new freelancer on Upwork.

How can I get a feedback?

Please help me

Best

Smiley Happy

I cannot tell you anything about your presentation as it is not my field, but I can tell you that only the works that you have created should appear in your portfolio, are they your works?

haris-h
Community Member

Hi guys,

So I'm pretty new to Upwork - please review my Graphic Design Profile. If you're a fellow designer then please feel free to share any constructive feedback as well.

Link: Haris H. - Logo Designer & Branding Professional - Upwork Freelancer from Chenab Nagar, Pakistan

Thanks.

deepa0706
Community Member

I have a total work experience of 10 years on Upwork. Recently, I have had trouble getting hired. I send many proposals and even buy connects. I keep applying but it is as if my profile does not even get noticed. I get so excited each time there is a job, and I apply and await and no response - where am I going wrong. I have even made several projects and hoping I get hired through that. But nothing, zip, nada. Please help!!!

Dipa, your profile reads well. I'd not recommend any further changes except check the skills list. Are those words exactly what you are looking for? Also, I noticed that around 2019 you've made a switch to 'ghostwriting'. That is a niche market. Writing for pet industry might be a relatively broad market. I would suggest applying aggressively. 

Thanks Aditi. Will make the changes as recommended.

00edba78
Community Member

- Seasoned Videographer and Photographer Needs Honest Feedback of New Profile

n_wekte
Community Member

Hi, I have profile with up work from 2019 and still haven’t got an order. I think it’s impossible to get job for new freelancer I tried a lot of things but as a professional Wordpress developer with many ability in my field still haven’t find the apportunity for job in. Upwork. So disappointed. Is any one have any idea to help?

Hi,  

I tried to review your profile but it's not public.

Regards,
Qainan Idris.

kclif98
Community Member

Hi Neda,
I'd suggest you check your English.
Your English grammar and sentence structure are not so good. Please check your English, otherwise you've a good profile.
ahmeddizad
Community Member

hello freelancers, can you give me an honest feedback on my profile

thanks ...

Ahmed M wrote:

hello freelancers, can you give me an honest feedback on my profile

thanks ...

I can only tell you that third person introductions are impersonal to me.
In addition, you must separate by paragraphs. A wall of text is difficult to read.

Thank you, very helpful

i was worried about the third person too.

Hi Maria,
Can you take a quick look at my profile and provide your valuable feedback.
Thanks in advance 🙂

Haris H wrote:

Hi Maria,
Can you take a quick look at my profile and provide your valuable feedback.
Thanks in advance 🙂

What the client sees of your presentation are the first three lines. So remove everything superfluous. Concentrate in that first paragraph what you want to highlight for the client.
And remove the paragraph of "new freelancer" and want to grow on the platform.
Assuming that the work in your portfolio is created by you, I think you should raise your rate.

8f46a935
Community Member

Hey freelancers . I've started upwork for afew month  and sent more than 50 proposals and spent alot of time ,  just earned 50 $ from 2 projects (one was invitation) I checked all tutorials about how to write a proposal and tighten up account but Still doesn't work 

would you pls help me and check my account and proposal to see what is wrong with them?

Share me your profile link.
Zeeshan Rasul Hashmi
6c2c2544
Community Member

Hi Mike,
How are you
I am the new gays on upwork, i have the professional skills, mention on my profile. I have send proposals for different projects which corlate to my experties,Skills and profile but unable to take any order

Can you please review my profile also suggest changes which you feel necessay to make profile more attractive and successfull
kclif98
Community Member

Hello everyone,
I am new here at Upwork. I've the professional skills, mentioned on my profile. I've sent several proposals for different projects which corlate to my experties, skills and profile but I've been unable to take any orders.

Could you please review my profile and suggest changes you feel necessay to make my profile more attractive, better and successfull? I'd be of much appreciation. Thank you in advance
nyonomega0
Community Member

Hello there,

I am looking for someone to provide me some feedback on my proposals. My current hire/proposal and interview/proposal rates are 1/10-12 and 1/6-8 respectively.

Most of my proposals look like this:-

Hey there,
I see that you're looking for writers to create content on various topics. I'll provide you high quality, engaging content that'll meet all your requirements and follow all your deadlines. I also have some really good researching skills. For reference, I'm attaching one of my web-researched work pieces so that you can see my writing style. If it seems like i can help you, consider contacting me now. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Kind regards,
Sushant

I would really appreciate if someone can tell me how should i create more appealing proposals.

Thanks!

Hi it's a nice proposal, but you didn't introduce your name, I feel that
should be the first. Then add what your services will be like, e.g I'd
provide you with top notch services, healthy communication upfront, in
time delivery. Also tell them how excited you are to work with them and how
u can't wait to start work, it's just to add a little more spice. You can
also space your proposal to make it easy to read. Mind you all this should
be short too.

Thank you Ayomide,

so what I type as a cover letter, I should list as my header instead? Could you explain what you mean? I am open to all information, thank you for taking the time to review my page.

Sushant B,

This is perfect, I like your cover letter, is this what you have as your intro letter on your page, or do you use this as your intro letter when submitting proposals?  I am open to all information, so thank you for taking the time to review my page.

Sushant,

do you mind if I use your template for my profile?  I like how it is to the point, yet thorough about who you are and what you provide.

Sure why not? If you find anything useful, just take it and edit it as required.
Zeeshan Rasul Hashmi
petra_r
Community Member

Jamila L wrote:

do you mind if I use your template for my profile?  e.

That is not acceptable, and called plagiarism. It is also a violation of Upwork's terms of service that could lead to account suspension!

Also, what is the point of asking him if he minds when you then go and just do it?

Create your own! You can't just copy someone else's profile overview and then change a few bits and pieces!

Zeeshan Rasul H wrote:
Sure why not? If you find anything useful, just take it and edit it as required.

You can't give someone permission to plagiarize someone else's overview.... 

305b2ee5
Community Member

We are supposed to be here to assist each other not snap on each other. I appreciate the feed back. The original freelancer that I used his template is in a completely different field than me, we are not in competition, I asked him and I made changes as well.
It would be nice if everyone was a nice to give the feedback and share. Thank you all again.
32e867d8
Community Member

I am new at upwork. I want profile feedback
305b2ee5
Community Member

I would love some assistance, Thank you

Jamila L wrote:

I would love some assistance, Thank you

I can not make a criticism of your profile, I only tell you that you should review the last item in the portfolio. The images are rotated and the neck hurts a little when looking at them Robot wink

Hope someone else can advise you.

Thank you Maria T, 

The images are straight on my computer, yet when I load them into Upwork, it rotated some and not others, do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you again for your input, I will get this fixed immediately.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths