🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi Community!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

4,578 REPLIES 4,578

Hello,

I'm just about a few day old on Upwork and I've learnt some interesting things already. I have volunteerd my skill for over 3 years and with the experience I'm ready to monetize it. I have sent about 3 proposals and hoping to get a response.  I'd be very happy if you hold my hands while I begin this journey as a newbie. I have good experience with hybrid and virtual (using Zoom, Google meet, Microsoft team) event management, essay writing and reviews, resume writings and presentations. I am open to recommendation as well. Thank you so much. 

7324f7be
Community Member

Hello, I need your help for me to grow on upwork. I want to illustrate my splendid profile like yours.

mopraise
Community Member

I've been on Upwork for a while, and even got jobs from a few clients. But today, I still struggle hitting big clients and can even go a long  time not getting any clients to work with at all. Could you have a look at my profile to determine what I have done wrong or what I've yet to do?

Here's the  link to my profile 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01fd8570caea27fe35

Would be looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks.

459c51f1
Community Member

I'm new upwork.com.Could your team review my profile and  give me feedbacks pls.Thank you in advance.

088c93d1
Community Member

Hallo Sir,

I'm new on Upwork, signed up one month. Initially, I got two jobs but after that I'm not getting any jobs here even after sending a lot of proposals.

Also, my profile rating got down because few people contacted me for wrong service and I declined to work. I'm getting Interview invitations for the service i won't provide and i have not listed it in my profile.

Please take a look at my profile and let me know how can i optimize my profile to get jobs.

Thanks in advance.

136c0d6a
Community Member

Hello, I need your help for me to grow on upwork. I want to illustrate my splendid profile like yours

Sheikh Noor
136c0d6a
Community Member

Hallo Sir,

I'm new on Upwork, signed up one month. Initially, I got two jobs but after that I'm not getting any jobs here even after sending a lot of proposals.

Also, my profile rating got down because few people contacted me for wrong service and I declined to work. I'm getting Interview invitations for the service i won't provide and i have not listed it in my profile.

Please take a look at my profile and let me know how can i optimize my profile to get jobs.

Thanks in advan

Sheikh Noor
2e9632b0
Community Member

Would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements? 

e08613d5
Community Member

Hi! Mike J
     Good Day! may I request to look at my profile if there is something wrong, as I check it no one views my profile?

Thank you, 

Hi...

I have posted here because no one has responded in the concerned thread for feedbacks on profile.

I am new to Upwork . I have been submitting proposals for almost a month now, but haven't got my first gig yet. So it will be helpful if someone can look at my profile and provide a feedback. I really don't know what I am missing.

link : https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d037c884797dbf8f

d68e235d
Community Member

Hey Mike, I would love to get a profile feedback. Do you mind suggesting improvement? I'm not very new to upwork, and I'm yet to secure my first gig

ae119acb
Community Member

sunipun786
Community Member

Hi,

Please help me with feedback on my profile.

Thanks and Regards.

a7308e48
Community Member

I am very new to Upwork. Would you please take a look at my profile?

f93eac29
Community Member

Hello Upworkers, I hope you are doing well. My profile niche is Gujarati and Hindi translation and I can do the audio transcription and video transcription as well.

But I am getting invitations for voice-over jobs every time. Can anyone help me to optimize my profile? 

4e7d9bd7
Community Member

plz visit my profile and checkout.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b347890027f25b05

c12e192e
Community Member

Please, Mike, I will like you to look at my profile. I am a Social Media Manager

67bab666
Community Member

Yes, Please.

8da3a93f
Community Member

Hi, everyone! I just created my profile and followed some tips on Youtube. Please review my profile and offer some suggestions for improvement.

saadat-jk
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

Can anyone please look at my profile and suggest improvements? I am struggling on Upwork from last year but have no success yet. ?

e1c62b0a
Community Member

Hi, may I ask for your suggestions about my profile please. thank you

2ab3aa52
Community Member

Hi Adam S,

Please help kindly review my profile & suggest some improvements, I need your feedback.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015e0e5101d045072a

Thanks you...

ogulcantu
Community Member

Hello,

I am freelancer working for 3D Modelling, Structural Design and Analysis, 3D Printing and conceptual design. I have worked about 22 jobs with also 22 hour of work and have %91 job success.

For now, I have difficulties to get any interviews and usually clients not even make interview with no one. 

Can you share your comments about this and also review my profile and make suggestions?

Profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~018e932a1909e5e180

Thank you!

Ogulcan,

This is my theme today: People hire people then think they can talk to ... people they think they might like ... people who are approachable.

You tell people your skils, but people also want to know if they can relate to you. They may have to spend 10 minute or 10 hours explaining their design project .... so they want to know if you're a friendly guy.

You do this by writing a few sentences about yourself that make you sound friendly and approachable. Don't say "I am friendly."  That's not how to do that. Write something like, "I'm a dog-lover who also loves designing 3-D images."

You make yourself sound friendly by offering a little about yourself, not by declaring "I'm really friendly." Anyway, I hope that helps.

rashidali460
Community Member

Hi Mike, I started using Upwork around 1 year back, I completed some orders also. but then due to some personal issues, I was not able to use Upwork on regular basis. But now for more than 1 month, I am been trying to get things up again but with no luck. I send 36 proposals in 30 days. with 6 being viewed, and 2 being interviewed. But 0 hired. I have 1 profile view in these 30 days. I know these things will take some time, but all of my family depends on this! One choice I have is to join office-based work to get some cash but I don't want to do that. I just want to make my Upwork on the top and I am passionate about this. I just want a little help to get things quicker, please. 
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/rashid13?viewMode=1
please have a look at my profile and let me know how can i boost it. Thanks

3956e956
Community Member

Thanks for the opportunity. Kindly check my profile and advise.

T.I.A

Esther

Esther,

I like your writing style!

But people already know they need a writer ... that's why they are looking at your profile. So, you don't need to tell them why they need a content writer. They should already know that.

What they don't know is who you are. You should spend a little more time telling them that.

There's an editor's guideline "Don't tell them what you are not ... tell them what you are." Your write up is like that. It tells people about writing and not about who you are. (To explain, I frequently wrote things like, "Hi. I'm not a scientist or a cook or a painter; I'm a writer." What an editor would say is don't tell them you're not, tell them what you are.")

Thank you, Anthony!

Hi,
Can you kindly review my profile? I'd love to get some feedback from you and improve my profile. 

umair1194
Community Member

Hi,

Please help me review my profile and suggest some improvements.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d14602f1b2e113b8

Thank you!

4fddc555
Community Member

Please have a look at my profile and give feedback. 

f409aa12
Community Member

I would greatly appreciate suggestions for improving my profile. Thanks a lot 🙂

kouropalatisk
Community Member

Hello, can you please have a look on my profile and advice on improvement? Thank you!

Konstantinos,

Hey. Welcome. 

It seems like you know what you're doing and there are many styles of profiels that work. So, I don't know what to add. Arey you getting much work? Are you sending out enough proposals?

I will say that I prefer a write-up that's a narrative. People hire people that they like -- people that are approachable, friendly, people who listen or seem to, people who show concern for the other guy.

Your write up is just a list -- and a farily short one -- of your skills. I also think you get out of something what you put into it. It looks like your write up may have taken 30 seconds or so to write. You don't have more to say than that?

What I recommend is looking at a few other write-ups from CAD designers and graphic artists and see what kinds of things they say. Also, remember, this is not about sales, so don't say "I'm a really friendly guy who likes to listen." Instead, just come across as friendly, likeable, someone who enjoys their work. You don't have to over do it ... 

Anyway, good luck. I hope that helps.

dajimba
Community Member

Hello, please have a look at my profile and suggest areas of improvement.

Denis, 

Hi ... Welcome.

Your profile isn't terrible ... you actually sound very responsible and dilligent. But I would recommend you say more about yourself .... just sounding friendly and available and approachable. Don't go too far, but maybe just a bit about your background and your enthusiasm for writing ...

Your first review says something like "I was surprised that he did such a good job." I think if you wrote a few friendly lines about your background and maybe your writing experiences, it would help people consider your application. You want people to feel confident in you ... not surprised that you did a good job.

b0de112e
Community Member

hello! would you mind taking a look on my profile? and let me know the things that i need to improve

liquidfractal
Community Member

Hello,

I'm a freelancer who has recently started up an agency so I can work under my brand.  Is this the right place to ask for feedback on an agency profile, or should I ask elsewhere?  Thank you!

b7bcfaa8
Community Member

Hi, Mike J... would like to request you to review my profile so that i can reach at 100% complete, or you can direct on way forward so as to win jobs and start working from this platform.

Thanks in advance.

505b0c51
Community Member

Hi

Would you please take a look on my profile? I am really new here and willing to learn and work. Please provide me with a feedback where I can Improve it. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths