🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,119 REPLIES 2,119
01365e03
Community Member

I am new to Upwork but have Fiverr experience can someone with a good understanding can review my profile please and suggest some edits so that I can win my first order on Upwork.

32e81aaf
Community Member

I am writing to introduce myself as a new freelancer on Upwork and express my excitement at the prospect of growing my career through this platform. As a newcomer to the freelancing community, I am eager to contribute my skills and talents to assist others and receive valuable feedback from my fellow freelancers.

I am committed to delivering high-quality work and building positive relationships with clients and colleagues alike. I believe that constructive criticism is a crucial part of the learning process and welcome feedback from others to help me improve and grow as a freelancer.

I am confident that my dedication, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn to make me an asset to any project, and I am excited about the opportunity to collaborate with others on Upwork.

Thank you for considering my proposal. I look forward to working with you and contributing to the success of your project.

ramlanhamdani_
Community Member

I have spent almost 100 connects, and only got 1 job.

Can anyone help me tonreview my profile?

58fa2c5c
Community Member

Hy, can you go through my profile and let me know what can be improved!

jeramae01
Community Member

Im a newie here can I get a long  ...

fazal1947
Community Member

Greetings!!

Dear Community Memebers, I am here to have some of your time to review my profile and share your valued feedback.

Best Regards,

Fazal Ahmed

ef759776
Community Member

Hi!  can you review my profile? It would be great 🙂

Ali,

I think that profile is just about right. I would raise your rates at least $10, however. Your rate just screams out at me that you are new and nervous. Your rate has to show you are confident. Would you hire someone you'd never met who wasn't confident they could do the job? I wouldn't. Put up a rate that shows you know how to get the job done.

32e81aaf
Community Member

Can you guide me on where I can post a review? I would love to post a review for your profile but in against you will also feedback on my profile ok?

Yumna,

You need a stronger opening sentence.

Your overall summary is very, very good. It's exactly the type of profile I try to tell others to do. I wish they could see your example. 

So -- you're opening is this: "As a professional on Upwork ..." 

Unfortunately, there are 12 million freelancers on Upwork, so you just said, in effect, "As one of 12 million others ..."

The rest of that sentence is fine. But you don't want to start out saying you're just one out of 12 million.

So think of a stronger opening. Also, try to fit in a sentence that says you get the job done. Use the word "completed," as in "I have completed hundreds of project ..." 

People on Upwork expect results, so saying you know how to get the job done to completion is important.

Again, overall, I would give your profile an A plus - and ask around, I don't do that very often. Good luck.

Oh -- and double your rate right now. If you under-value yourself, others will, too. Your rate shows a lack of confidence. And confidence in a profile is extemely important.

Dear Anthony,
Thank you for taking the time to review my profile and for providing me with valuable feedback. I appreciate your kind words about my overall summary and I am glad that you found it to be helpful.
I completely agree with you that starting with "As a professional on Upwork" does not make me stand out in a sea of 12 million freelancers. I will definitely work on crafting a stronger opening sentence that showcases my unique value proposition and highlights what sets me apart from others.
I also appreciate your suggestion of using the word "completed" to emphasize my ability to deliver results. I will incorporate this suggestion into my profile as well.
Finally, thank you for encouraging me to double my rate. I understand that my rate reflects my confidence and value as a freelancer, and I will take your advice to heart as I move forward. Once again, thank you for your insightful feedback and for the time you took to review my profile. I am grateful for the support and encouragement.
Best regards!

Yumna,

My pleasure.

aimalqadri
Community Member

Hey, can someone please help with reviewing my profile?

Aimal,

There's a lot more that goes into being a video editor and graphic designer than being proficient at three or four software programs. If it was simply a matter of proficiency, with a program a robot could do it.

jkh1991
Community Member

Hello,

Looking for a constructive review for my profile in order to be able to win more proposals and find more relevant job opportunities.

Thank you!

Jamil,

You are looking for work in things you CAN do, but you should be looking for contracts in services in which you are an expert.

There are 12 million freelancers on Upwork. Yes, you will get some work eventually, but many of the 12 million are professional video editors, professional translators, professional virtual assistants who do that type of work all day and all week. How are you going to compete with them?

You have to focus on one service. Become totally dedicated to that service. Be SO good at that service that you are competetive and your clients all believe you were born to do that ... just dappling around doesn't often get you anywhere here. 

Hi Anthony, 

Thank for the insightful review. 

I will take that into consideration and will work on that to max my opportunities.

Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

I am new here, I kindly request yoir feedback on my profile.

Thanks.

Ogechukwu,

You say you are a video editor, animator and content provider and end your profile by saying you are looking for work in data entry. You also have no samples of your work in your portfolio.

People who are expert video editors can write about their services in detail. They don't just say "I am a video editor" and leave it there. 

Your profile, in short, is very unconvincing. You have to give us more to convince us that you are legitimate expert at what tell us.

fazal1947
Community Member

Hi My Senior Community Members

I am new here, I need some of your time to review my profile and sahre your feedback on my profile.

Best Regards,

Fazal Ahmed

fazal1947
Community Member

Hi Andrea

I am new here, I need some of your time to review my profile and sahre your feedback on my profile.

Best Regards,

Fazal Ahmed

f53afb78
Community Member

How to approach client to get work

f53afb78
Community Member

And how is my profile

6d973895
Community Member

Hi there, 

Please kindly review my profile.

64ec6d2e
Community Member

Please reviee my profile

Kanu,

Look around Upwork for profiles of writers who have high earnings and a high rating. Read through their write-ups and see how they approach this.

Start with mine, if you like. Then look at profiles of other writers. Look at six at the very least and study them.

235palijo
Community Member

Hello!

I am new to Upwork.

Please take a look at my profile and let me know if I can improve it. Thank you!

Community Member

It would be much appreciated if anyone can have a look at my profile.

Anard,

An ambivert? A philomath? I admire your vocabulary, but I'm not sure if it will do you any good here.

For one thing, your profile describes yourself. That is a common mistake.. You want to drop a hint or two about yourself as you have to come across as friendly here, but your write up shouild be about your services, not about yourself. And, as far as that goes, a writer should have writing samples to show to perspective clients. You need one or two of those at least. Three is probably best. 

I also recommend curbing the high-brow vocabulary a little bit. Call that an instnct, but I see many profiles and the idea is to reach people on their level. People hire people they feel comfortable talking to and if you talk over their heads, you'll scare some clients away.

Finally, you wrote "Philomath, Geek, Tech Enthusiast. Ambitious. That's three nouns and an adjective, which throws your list out of whack. It should be all nouns or all adjectives to ring true. (You wrote ambtious twice, so maybe you dont need that up front anyway.)

Here's a clue, as well: Yes, it's great you're ambitious, but the focus should be on helping your clients. It's fine to want to go further in life, but you should be writing about how you can help your clients go further in their lives. This is a sales pitch, not a place to focus on yourself.

Hello,

Can you please review my profile 

Thank you

1d2a6a16
Community Member

Hi,

I would appreciate it if someone could have a look at my profile and give me some feedback. 

23f22fd3
Community Member

Hi, Can anyone help me and let me know how is my profile 

d5d08b2d
Community Member

Hi, all! i hope you are all fine. I need freelance work in the field of data input or python coding. Feel free to contact me

7a1258a5
Community Member

Hi all experts!

I am new to this platform. I am not understanding that is my profile OK or not. Please can someone suggest to me to build a perfect Upwork profile?

witchyhazel
Community Member

Hello, please could you review my profile and suggest what i could improve thank you

dc042109
Community Member

1. I don't have any portfolio to upload so how do I get one
f92fdf7b
Community Member

Hello

Greetings!

Can anyone help me and let me know how is my profile 

Regards

Abhishek

4dd637d4
Community Member

Please help me in making an impactful profile. My area of work is data analytics. 🤓 

55e306fc
Community Member

Hi!, I am new to the forum. I appreciate that you can see my profile and get my first job! Thank you very much

3cae54fa
Community Member

Hello Community,

Can someone assist in checking my profile and suggest how to make it stand out. Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths