🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,119 REPLIES 2,119

Sean,

You write about yourself, you are a great problem solver with various careers, but you should be writing about your services. As in, how you are qualified, how you go about your work and how your services benefits the client. A little about yourself is fine, but it isn't the heart of the matter.

4b6d406d
Community Member

Hello, could you review my profil please, thank you

erlhibaya
Community Member

Hello! I'm new to upwork. Can anyone please help me and let me know how my profile is? Thank you in advance!

eb8cc8ea
Community Member

Hello, 

I am new to the community. Can someone review my profile and give me feedback?

Much appreciated.

e8037455
Community Member

Andrea, thank you sooo much for explaining. I do need help and I need someone to look at my profile. It must not be very good. Thank you. 

Graziella, 

You might add a sentence or two about yourself. People like to hire people they can feel comfortable with.

3867b7cb
Community Member

Hi Andrea...please review my profile. Any suggestion for optimization is appreciated. Thank you!! 

Jeannie,

Your profile is fine, but needs some spice. Can you say a little more? Twenty-five years of work you should have more to say about your profession. 

Hey Anthony, can you please look at my profile as well and suggest me some improvement. I am new as well. Thanks

Mohtashim,

That is the best introduction video I've ever seen. Everybody should see that. It's ridiculously cute and attractive. That is great.

There's nothing wrong with your write up except that it's way too long. What I suggest you remove are the paragraph that starts with "with a background in graphic design ..." and then that list of software is unnecessary. 

Also take out the parargraph that starts with "I've also had experience making kid-friendly ..."

It is very clear by then that you specialize in kid-frriendly videos. But, you might want to find a place closer to the top to use the words "kid-friendly." But, that paragraph is not needed.

And then we get to "As a motion animator and ... " That paragraph and everything below it should be deleted.

You'll see .. none of that is worth keeping and to show confidence you have to be brief. 

I think it's a terrific write up ... but take out what I suggested. Nobody wants to read that much. 

I hope you have a terrific career. I can't see how you're going to miss. Good luck.

Hey Anthony, thank you so much for taking out time for this review, highly appreciate that. I am so glad you liked the video 😇 I ll definately look into making the changes suggested.

Its been 3 days now since i reactivated my profile, however, trying to figure out how to catch my first client. Oh by the way, considering your background of wiritng, may be you might refer my profile to someone looking for kids content or even cool explainer videos.   
Thanks for the wishes. 🤗 
With Love!

Hello Anthony, i have edited it, kindly give it another look. About the softwares, i came across proposals in which clients had specifically mentioned about the software used, so i felt like keeping it integrated is important. Do let me know if it looks better now. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback Anthony.  I've added a more.  I'd appreciate another review.  Thank You!!

Jeanie,

You know short and sweet isn't too bad. You are focused and say all that you need to say. I don't know how to fault that. 

There is one extraneous word ... "and." It comes along in the phrase "I assist clients with bookkeeping and so ..." You don't want that word "and" in that sentence.

My other thought is that ... that you might mention the types of companies you have helped out. Something like "I've woked for restaurants, retail stores, hotels, art galleries and convenience stores."

This might help. It adds credibility to your other statements and it tells people what size clilents you are used to working with. But, like I said ... short and sweet is OK, too. 

kg4u
Community Member

kindly reviwe my profine and suggest whats need to be done

drzakh
Community Member

Hi, Kindly review my profile, please. I am a beginner at the Upwork forum. 

Dr. Zunaira,

If you are a writer, you need writing samples posted on your portfolio. Why did you post a chart that has no content writing in it? That seems very peculiar.

148d2f5c
Community Member

Hello everyone, this is Mohtashim, you may call me Moh! 😍

🤗Warmly welcoming your constructive feedback. I appreciate your time. Lets go and grow together. 

With Love and respect to all the artists in this universe! 

8ee9004c
Community Member

Hello! I'm newbie. I need an experienced expert for my account. If anyone is not too lazy, please take a look at my account.

Dostonbek,

People know what photo editing is. You don't have to tell them. You should describe your services. That's what you are supposed to be selling, not advise on the value of photo editing.

0a6d419a
Community Member

hello Andrea , i am new with this kind of work and platform . it would be great if you have a quick look over my profile and give my some advices if anything isnt enough good and it could be improved . 

Thanks 

Kind regrads 

Helen 

Thuy,

You're up against real writers here. There are 1.5 million writers on Upwork and you've got one or two sentences with a half dozen mistakes in them. I don't know what to advise here ... but this is very weak.

45ffba93
Community Member

Hi, someone should kindly review my profile and give me feedback on it. thank you!

Ezeh,

What does a visual assistant do? Maybe you should explain that. I've never heard of that before.

Thank you, Virtual Assistants are those who manage social media, email inbox, google calendars, do data entry, schedule meetings, book travels for people and equally help in customer service support.

e9879802
Community Member

Hello! I am new. Can someone help me understand why I am not getting any work still? Is there something I can improve? 

Oneir,

You've done a nice job. A couple of things, though. 

- I help clients make sense of their content and presenting it in a way that attracts other users to it. 

That should be "present it in a way that atrracts ..." Not presenting.

It's a matter of balance. You need the verbs on either side of "and" to match. That would be "making sense and presenting" or "make sense and present." Not "make sense and presenting" or "making sense and present."

If you use one form of a verb before the "and" and another after, they should be in the same form.

Also: you say "I will manage projects from start to finish delivering a satisfying product."

You should do better than "a satisfying product." That should be "an excellent product." Or, just say "from start to finish." and stop there. It is assumed you want to produce a good product. You don't have to say that at all.

dcfa9fe3
Community Member

Please give a feedback about mu account and help me cause I am new at upwork.

Jannatul,

Your goal shouldn't be to build a career. Your goal should be to help others with their translation problems. Yes, you are building a career, but the profile is about advertising your services, not talking about your own goals.

167e00fc
Community Member

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ff45066f902e9402

please check my profile above and informed me what I need to change.Thanks in advance

Sohail,

This makes no sense. If the doctor is a writer, why didn't he or she write the summary? This is a very weak presentation.

abentazal
Community Member

Hi, can you also help me and make a feedback or review on my profile? Thanks a lot.☺️

45ea2a64
Community Member

Hello I am Taufique Ahmed New in Upwork kindly guide me.

allpurposewriter
Community Member

To All New Freelancers:

Your profile needs to do three things. It needs to establish yourself as an expert in your field. It needs to be friendy. And it needs to show a lot of confidence.

You don't show confidence by going on and on and on. This erodes confidence, because it sounds like you are groveling or begging. Say "I can do the job" loud and clear, but don't go on and on and on.

Establishing yourself as an expert is very important. There are 12 million freelancers on Upwork, so if you are not an expert you might as well go home now. How do you do this: Talk about your education, your work experience that helps you be very good at your skiils. Talk about how previous clients loved your work. Did you have repeat business in the past? Talk about that.

Just one or two hints that demonstrate your friendliness are enough. You don't need to overdue it. 

And one more thing. Find your competetive advantage. Find that one thing (or two things) that makes you different from all the other writers or designers or engineers out there.

Freelancing works best if you have a specialty. People who say "I am a content writer and graphic designer," are not fooling anyone. They are probably neither a content writer or a graphic designer, because being a good writer is a full time job and being any good as a designer takes dedicated effort. If you say you are here to learn, go home. There are professionals here who work cheap; nobody wants to pay you to learn on the job. Work is for pay. If you want to learn, go to school.

The profile reviwer named William often tells people to "upgrade your skills." He is exactly right. You need to be a professional here, someone who knows what they are doing and is eager to learn to stay ahead of the curve. There will always be new techniques and programs, so if you're not keeping up, you're falling behind. In technology that means learn every day. Same with marketing. Same with everything else.

If you want to learn to write a profile in one easy step, just finish this sentence. "I am an expert _______ with the following qualifications ______, _____, and _____, who can fix your problems  with _____ and ______, which will improve your life in the following ways: ______, _____, and ______.

If you can finish that sentence, you will have an excellent profile.

dansajeed
Community Member

I am interested in requesting help and review of my profile, thank you 🙏🏼

b99ce0a8
Community Member

I would love some help making my profile stand out more!

87aef33f
Community Member

Hello! I just started work as a freelancer and would like some tips and pointers on how to make my profile look more professional. Thank you!

384f077d
Community Member

Please glance through my profile as well, Thanks.

e1b804c6
Community Member

Can anyone help me and let me know how is my profile 

e429be42
Community Member

Hello Friends I am newbe in this plateform please any one tell me my profile is meet the criteria. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths