🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,119 REPLIES 2,119
e5766037
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

I'm new to Upwork. Could you please review my profile and let me know on how can i make my profile more presentable.

Thank you,

Neha 

cc455031
Community Member

I am a new upwork user. I am looking for someone. Who can help can you help me?
8c61f1a9
Community Member

Kindly review my profile and advise me accordingly. I have made my profile 100% complete and I'm not getting invites for interviews.

6f955dd1
Community Member

Hello Everyone 👋

I just started using upwork, and I would like to have your opinion on my profile and if anything is missing or can be done to help users recognize me & make my 1st sell.

Thanks in advance 🙏

69f12dbc
Community Member

Welcoming feedback please!

Katherine,

Your profile lacks focus and direction. You start out announcing you are a teacher and life coach and soon you're talking about how you can write fiction, poetry and instruction manuals. It's kind of all over the place start to finish.

It's nice you teach in a Montessouri (so does my son) but you don't tie that very well into your services as a life coach. And then, frankly, you start with the title "teacher and life coach.' There is some tie in between the two in terms of skills, but this is a freelance website. That tends to imply independent service provider, at which point you would say 'Tutor and life coach." I associate teachers as working in a school and tutors as independent freelance teachers. I don't think I have that wrong.

Anyway ... if you're a life coach, say so and be that. If you're a tutor or a teacher say so and be that. Again, I realize the skills overlap, but you have to be specific if people are going to hand you money to provide a service. It can't be "I'm smart and available." Freelancers sell a service to others. You have to focus on that.

syedmuzamiljaved
Community Member

Hi. Please kindly review my profile. Thank You

folay
Community Member

Hello All, my name is afolabi and i am new to upwork, i will like to request for experienced members to review my profile. also any tips on how to gain more traction as a freelancer.

3a474975
Community Member

Hello!

Can you help me with my profile please? Is it ok?

Albina,

You rarely miss a detail, but you've got several mistakes in your write up.

This is pretty normal when English isn't your first language, so don't worry about it. But you need an English editor to help you out. For example, you don't say "I'm a perfectionist person," you just say, "I'm a perfectionist." Simple things like that. 

6ae4320c
Community Member

Hi ☺️

Please can anyone glance through my profile and let me know of it's optimized or not.. Thanks 

Community Member

Hello, thank you for isnpirational support !

kudzkeizy
Community Member

Can anyone help me and let me know how is my profile 

4c034051
Community Member

Can anyone help me and let me know how is my profile? 

Ahmed,

I don't see anything wrong with your profile. Nothing leaps out at me, as they say.

Is your rate high enough? You might look through Upwork profiles and see if your rate compares well with others. The standard idea is to put your rate somewhere in the middle. Don't put it low -- that's foolish and it shows a lack of confidence to the clients.

4d57d7a1
Community Member

Hello Good Evening, 

I am new to Freelancing on Upwork. Can I get any tips? How is my bio?

84a2d6bf
Community Member

Hi Andrea! 

I would love to have a chat about receiving a peer review. 

Best, 

Arsema 

bcd204ab
Community Member

Hello Andrea G can you help me to get perfect and give feedback to my profile.

55ca18e2
Community Member

Hi, I am a qualified and an experienced graphic designer. I have many years experience and a large variety of files of work done. I have worked remotely before, but never online on a site like this. I understand the way the site works but when it comes to pick up the job I find that my portfolio on the site does not have an example of that type of job yet. So the client does not have an Idea of my experience. Before, I worked face to face with clients, they knew and trusted me, so there was no problem in getting the work done.

I am also not familiar with the bidding system and how I can land the job. I believe by starting with a small job, I can get my bearings and then move on.

Jeannie,

Pleased to make your aquaintance.

Here is the bare bones version of your write-up:

I am a qualified graphic designer and have a wide knowledge and experience of the practical application and production of design. 

I design everything from your Business ID - logo, office stationery and forms, letterheads and business cards to signage, window graphics, vehicle graphics, informative posters, brochures, telescopic banners, flags, gazebos, parasols etc.

I also design book covers, illustrations, diagrams, charts, flowcharts, maps, etc. If you have an event or gala dinner/wedding; I can design the monogram, invitations, menus, programmes, name tags, place cards, table seating poster, welcome poster, confetti cones, water and wine bottle labels, gift box packaging, designs for decor, selfie frame, posters etc. It can involve a theme if you like.

A mood board can be created beforehand. This helps us match the mood you want. I have a great deal of experience working with event planners.

I also design interior spaces. If you have home or shop decor in mind, let me know. My experiences here have put me in a space to offer this service to you.

Thank you for reading my overview. Please let me know how I can assist you.

Start with that. It has all the marketing you need and none of the comments on the importance of art, which are unnecessary. Your name is also in bold letters at the top of your page, so you don't have to say "Hi, My name is. (Also, it is advised that you don't use your last name in your profile.)

You can add a little flourish here and there, just a tag or two that shows your stylish personality. But if you do so, please keep in mind the great newspaper editor who said the best way to write an article was to write a fancy intro, write the bare bones of the story and then complete the thing with a grandiose conclusion. Then take a pair of scissors and cut out the opening and the ending. That's how to write a good newspaper article. 

All that said .. .there are 800,000 graphic designers on Upwork and you have all the experience needed to try to differentiate yourself from the pack. So, if you wan to do that, I can make a suggestion or two there as well.

620ec9e0
Community Member

Community Member.😊

67f75992
Community Member

Can anyone help me and let me know how is my profile?

Mannish, 

This is a competitive market. There are accountants here with years of experience. You shouldn't project yourself as someone willing to learn. This is the show, not a place to practice. 

muzammilkareem
Community Member

Can anyone help me and let me know how is my profile 

24acdebc
Community Member

Check, review my profile, I'm waiting for results 🙂

Team director, management
(Photoshop,primer,video editing)
ecbaae38
Community Member

Thanks.

065d6acb
Community Member

Hello Team,

Please someone should help review my profile. 

I await your feedback.

Thank you

73b20a9d
Community Member

Hi guys. 

Can anyone please have a look at my profile before I start looking for work? I want it to be 100% before I start applying for jobs. I don't have any prior working experience, I'm trying to start off as a freelancer. 

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Have a great weekend.

c3665796
Community Member

Can  anyone tell me is my profile is fully optimized or it need to optimize.

Please Help me and is there any community member how can help me in my proposal?

d5bc0dbb
Community Member

Hello,
Although I have been on upwork for a while now, I feel that my profile is not fully optimised.
I have several professions and that makes it difficult to cover all the aspects of each one.

I appreciate your comments.

a32db01a
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

Any advice about my profile? I started 2 weeks ago my freelancing journey!

Luna,

You have to imagine what a client is thinking when they get to Upwork. They think, "I need to hire a writer," or an illustrator or a translator or an architect." Nobody comes here thinking, "I need to hire an eclectic creator."

You have to hone in in a service you can provide, one you can be sell in a competitive market. I think empathy is a very sweet commodity, but it isn't very marketable.

725b6836
Community Member

Hi Andrea, i hope you are doing great. Andrea can you please review my profile and let me know if there is missing part in my profile.

I will be waiting for your response. Have a good day. Thanks

awais-ulhaq
Community Member

Hello, 

Can anyone give feedback on my profile?

I created my account back in 2017 or so but did not use the platform as I got engaged with offline work and now after a long time, I am looking for work to utilize my skills and expertise on Upwork. your suggestions to secure my first job would be highly appreciated.

Awais U. - Architect and interior designer +3d visualizer - Upwork Freelancer from Islamabad, Pakist...

9eba1c69
Community Member

Hi! 

Could you please check out my profile and give some feedback? I've just started, and I'd love to know how to navigate Upwork better.

Thanks,

Nicole

2c506bc3
Community Member

Hi Team, 

Can you please review my profile?

Regards,

Rhitam Deb

6e8f69f3
Community Member

It is my second week in Upwork and I am finding it very interesting but a bit challanging to pitch the jobs. Your support would be greatly appreciated.

Sarina, 

Welcome.

There's so much competition that you have to be stronger, more assertive. Start with this statement "I am a social media expert with a degree in psychology who can ______________  ...."

Finish that sentence and keep going. Focus not on yourself but on the services you provide and how they benefit your customers.

It has to have more punch!

b314afc2
Community Member

Hi ! Hope that everything is going well. I would appreciate some feedback on my profile. Thanks for helping me grow.

3400442e
Community Member

I would like to get some feedback on my profile. Specifically, how it appears to those looking for finance professionals. 

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths