🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

999 REPLIES 999

Hi Comunity I hope everyone is doing well. I want to get upwork profile feedback from experienced freelancers. Here is my profile link. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e8aee693c3d910c9 

TBH i really really apriciate you if you help me.

Thank you so much in advanced.

Hello all

I am new to upwork and I believe I completed my profile.  Can someone please review my profile and provide some feedback.  I would really appreciate it.  Thank you

Kerri

hello kerri B we can help each othere by review on each other profiles create a 5 dollars job and hire me we will review each other i will return your 5 dollars back after review on your id and you give me on my id review thank you

Hello everyone! I'm new to Upwork, but I have a lot of experience in mobile app development as a senior mobile developer.

I'd like someone to guide me for getting some freelancing jobs via Upwork as soon as possible.

My name is Ifeanyi a customer support rockstar, and I am new to the forum would love to learn and interact with other professionals...

Kindly show me around guys ! 

Hey everyone!!

My name is Julie and I am from Alabama!  I love to do things on the computer and would love to make some extra money! I love to play pool, cross-stitch, diamond art, play with my puppies and spend time with my husband.  I am new to doing upwork and would love to know how good this has been for y'all!  I have heard a lot of good things about this website and thought I would give it a try! Any helpful things that I can do to get work would be greatly appreciated!! I hope to get some good feedback to help a newcomer out!! 

Have a wonderful day!!

Hello,I am hamza from Pakistan. I am a new joiner in to up work. I need some help from you (All my brothers & Sisters). Please guide me how I can start working on up work. 

I need help
i have no order from upwork i tried for many days but still no order i buy membership only because of upwork order i spend all my connect but still no order what should i do ???
what is wrong seriously i don't understand what is wrong with my work i am a professional graphic artist this is really frustrating for me..i feel my luck is not on my way

Hi, my name is kashif and I'm a video editor. I didn't receive any invitation on my profile. Please visit my profile and let me know what need change in profile or any other suggestion. Thanks

Hi everyone. I am new at upwork. I have been proposing to some project for some time but no proposal have been accepted. Can you guys give me any tips on how to boost or promote my project? Thanks!

celgins
Community Member

The most important tip I can give is to make sure your profile is informative; exhibits the skills and experience of a highly qualified professional; and is 100% complete. After that, your proposals/cover letters should always be well-written and focus specifically on the job you are applying to.

Beyond that, there are no fail-safe ways to ensure you are invited to job.

Your profile is set to Private. You should make your profile Public so clients can see you in searches.

Hi, community! I need some advice regarding how to win more content writers projects, the best practices. Thanks!!!

Hello Dear,
Upwork community, I'm seeking suggestions for improving my Upwork profile.

I'm a Image retoucher and editor for almost 7 years.
For 2 years I did work for a local agency in my city.
And 3 years + 2 years I do remote jobs for 2 different companies in Europe.

2 years ago I come to Upwork. Yet now I'm not succeeding here. by the way, I apply for enough jobs here.

If my Freelancers Brothers and Sisters have any advice for me, please tell me.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/mdmojammelhaque

About two weeks ago, I turned on my visibility from 'online' to 'invisible' for a period ok f 4-6 days because I was busy with something else and didn't want clients messaging me. 

However, I've since reset it back to 'online' and I've been monitoring my stats and noticed that for over 7 days now I've had 0 profile views, which is very weird.

The only thing that made sense was the visibility stuff I switched, how long does it take before I started seeing views again?

Please kindly take a look at this. Thanks

Hi everyone 

My name is Olufunke, I am new here, please I need help, someone should please check my profile and see if there is anything I am doing wrong, I have submitted over 30 proposals with just two views and no invites, I have used more than 3 months already. Thanks

Hello Upwork community,

After a long time, I took the decision to buy Upwork pro but didn't receive any project after purchasing. Can anyone help me where I am doing mistakes in my profile?

Hi, I'm having trouble finding a new job. For 2 months, not a single Client even saw my proposal. Please check my profile if something is wrong with it.

Hello,
i'm Abanoub Youssef From Egypt 
I would love to have a long term collaboration with you. Here is my profilelator
kindly view it

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/abanoubyoussef

How to Grow My Upwork profile and, get fast order in my start Upwork Journey

celgins
Community Member

Post a message in the New to Upwork forum and someone can look at your profile and provided feedback.

But first, your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so freelancers and clients can see it. Right now, clients will only see your profile when you submit a proposal. They will not see it in search results.

Hi MD,

I attempted to view your profile but noticed that it is currently set to private. I kindly suggest making it public to increase visibility and attract potential clients. Additionally, using catchy words in your profile description and titles, extending engagement by promptly replying, and participating in the Upwork community's forums can enhance your journey on the platform.

If you have any questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your attention, and I wish you continued success.

Kindest regards,

Sanjay

Hello,

I am looking for feedback on my profile, please.

Much appreciated!

1. Remove the setting that is keeping your profile private.

Sorry about that! Done.

Hello, I have been on Upwork for a while now but am not getting consistent work. My situation is unique because I have Cerebral Palsy and have a right leg above-the-knee amputation. Social Security isn't paying the bills, so I am a freelancer. It is tough for me to find work outside my home, so again, freelancing is more conducive to my situation. I need to know what I am doing wrong. I need to work. Can anyone help me?

Some clients admire my distinguished artwork, as I present them with my best professional work, and then they contract with other artists of a very low artistic level to deal with them and ignore me. I'm frustrated, I can't think, I need advice, what should I do?

I understand how frustrating and disheartening it can be when clients choose to work with other artists despite your talent and efforts. Here are a few suggestions to help you navigate this situation:

1. Self-evaluation: Take a moment to reflect on your own work and the services you provide. Are there any areas for improvement or opportunities to enhance your offerings? Consider seeking feedback from clients or peers in the industry to gain insights and identify areas where you can further develop your artistic skills.

2. Enhance your portfolio: Continually update and improve your portfolio to showcase your best and most diverse work. Highlight your unique style and strengths as an artist. A visually compelling portfolio that accurately represents your abilities can attract clients who appreciate your artistic level.

3. Communicate your value: Clearly communicate the value and quality you bring to the table. When interacting with clients, emphasize your expertise, artistic vision, and commitment to delivering exceptional results. Make sure potential clients understand what sets you apart from other artists.

4. Build your network: Networking is crucial in any creative industry. Attend relevant events, join art communities or associations, and connect with fellow artists and potential clients. Building relationships can lead to new opportunities and referrals.

5. Seek client feedback: If possible, reach out to clients who chose to work with other artists and politely ask for feedback on why they made that decision. Constructive criticism can help you identify areas for improvement or better understand their preferences.

6. Explore different markets: Consider exploring different markets or platforms to expand your reach. Look for art communities, galleries, or online platforms that align with your style and target audience. Casting a wider net may increase your chances of finding clients who appreciate your level of artistry.

7. Stay positive and persistent: Rejection is a part of any creative field. It's essential to maintain a positive mindset and not let setbacks discourage you. Keep creating art, honing your skills, and actively pursuing new opportunities. Persistence often pays off in the long run.

Remember that each client has their own unique preferences and factors that influence their decisions. It's essential to focus on your own growth as an artist and find clients who truly value your artistic level and style.

Hello guy!

Despite consistently submitting proposals and using boosts on Upwork, my profile fails to attract any views. I have invested considerable effort in updating my portfolio.

If anyone has encountered a similar situation or can offer guidance, I would be grateful for your input.

Thanks

Same here. I apply for 100 jobs. 25 views. 7 interviews. 3 hires.

There are several youtube videos on it. But I want to know from an expert. Actually How many years it took to place the profile on the first page? How much effort? Thank you.

Hi, I don't know what's going on in my profile. I am trying hard to get a job last 6 months but didn't get any job. I have 100% job success with the top-rated badge. All the feedbacks are good with 5-star ratings. Am I doing any wrong? Could anyone check my profile, please?

Good day Md. R,

It can become disheartening to work so hard to create resume responses to job postings only to not be chosen, not to mention the number of connects it takes to apply to those positions.

Have you thought of advertising your services by writing up an invite to hire you, to include the link to your Upwork profile and post it on social media sites, Craigs List,  and any other place you can discover to post? If you have Add To Any installed in your browser you can find many places to share your Upwork profile to directly, but do be sure to write a blurb with your share.

Have you thought of having business cards made with your Upwork link on it? These handy little cards can be placed everywhere you go. Drop on on the table when you eat out, leave them in wash rooms, pin them to library advertising boards, or anywhere you go. And always give them to people you meet when you wish to share your contact information. Even if the person you give your card to only uses your phone number they may very well know someone who can use your services.

Best wishes,
PKR

Hi Kandi,

Thanks for your reply. I do not agree with you. If a freelancer advertises on social media sites, Craigs List, Put the Cards restaurants even washrooms!!!! then why should use the Upwork platform? Also, I noticed nowadays fewer job posts and lots of fake clients. Upwork should upgrade its marketing policy so that attracts lots of authentic clients.

Thanks

Rokon

I'm absolutely new here. I'm trying to develop my profile in a professional way. Would you please see my profile and advice me accordingly? What are my shortcomings that shoulod be overcome  to do better abd job oriented.

Thanks

Hello guy!   Despite consistently submitting proposals and using boosts on Upwork, my profile fails to attract any views. I have invested considerable effort in updating my portfolio.

also, my profile has automatically become private. I want to make it public. But there is no save option there.

portfolio link:-  https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01df54f3120a619245

If anyone has encountered a similar situation or can offer guidance, I would be grateful for your input.  

Thanks  

Hey everyone,

Hope you all are doing great. Its my first post here. I am struglling with client hunting. I am submitting proposal on my relevent skill set jobs but didnt even client saw my proposal. I am very frustrated now. Need help from you guys. 

Thanks
Zain

have you compared your profile to other freelancers in your industry. You may have to do a price adjustment or adjust your profile wording to get more traffic.

Zain H wrote:

Hey everyone,

Hope you all are doing great. Its my first post here. I am struglling with client hunting. I am submitting proposal on my relevent skill set jobs but didnt even client saw my proposal. I am very frustrated now. Need help from you guys. 

Thanks
Zain

I am waiting from 2019. 🙂 

Tips for  For" New WordPress & Eementor Designer and Devloper " Freelancers

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths