🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,871 REPLIES 2,871
celgins
Community Member

Hello Ahmad,

Good start to your profile. You need to add more skill categories to your skills list and create a portfolio.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to get your profile setup is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

d0b6ef26
Community Member

Hello. I'm a new freelancer and would like to get feedback on my profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0164b9b223cc15d3a2

I sent many proposals but haven't gotten any clients yet.

celgins
Community Member

Hello Mike-Wilson,

The first thing I noticed about your profile is the unrelated content between your title, summary, and skills. Upwork profiles work best when everything is congruent or in sync. For example, if you are providing virtual assistance support, your title should be something like: Virtual Assistant and your summary should tell clients the kind of virtual assistance services you provide. Then, your skills should be focused on virtual assistance. You should also add a portfolio to show examples of data entry and virtual assistance work.

If you plan to offer any type of nursing services, you should add a Specialized Profile where the title, summary and skills focus on any nursing services you can offer.

Make sure your title, overview/summary, skills, and everything are relevant to each other. If you have off-topic or irrelevant content in your profile, Upwork's algorithms may not match you with the most relevant jobs.

Since you are new to Upwork, get your profile to 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to do that is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

d68c6836
Community Member

i need help from you

plzz check my profile 

i am a biginner on upwork

celgins
Community Member

Usman,

Two things:

1) You must be at least 18 years old to use Upwork. If you are, see number 2.

2) Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to get your profile setup is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

1d814793
Community Member

Hello Everyone 

I Am new here and am a musician and would want to have the greatest first impression ,my question is how do I go about it .

If you all could help me with making my profile more likable that would be great 

Thanks in advance.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/18985415

celgins
Community Member

Hello Shingai,

You are in a really special niche, so getting your profile setup should be really straightforward.

The first thing you should do is change your profile photo. The picture in your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face. Read through Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

Next, use your overview/summary to tell clients what you can do. Do you DJ? Do you provide entertainment for parties, weddings, events, etc.? Clients will want to know what you can provide.

More importantly, clients will want to see a portfolio and maybe a video introduction. As a singer/rapper, it is important for clients to get an idea of your sound and style, and any samples you have done in the past.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to get your profile setup is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

670bf595
Community Member

I just opened up my upwork profile yesterday. I am really good at math and I would like to use my skills to help people do math.

670bf595
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I would like some feedback on my profile

celgins
Community Member

Hello Abdul-Malik,

There is good information in your overview/summary. However, I suggest removing the first line: "Title: Expert Online Math Tutor: Unlock Your Mathematical Potential!Why? Because the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients when they search for freelancers. You want the first two lines to be impactful, and hopefully the client is convinced to click and read your profile.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to complete your profile setup is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

Good luck!

3109d12d
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community, I am looking to improve my Upwork profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0147d3cbfc848caabc

I sent my proposal but didn't get a job.

celgins
Community Member

Hello Mekuanint,

Two things you should do to improve your profile:

1) Your title should be specific, but should not include non-essential words. It might be best to make your title simpler: Professional Chemist | Labs, Teaching, Writing

2) Your summary mentions what you can provide (i.e., "teaching, laboratory work, data analysis, and writing research proposals") but you need to give prospective clients more information about these services. Are these one-on-one tutoring services? Do you teach college/university courses? Do you write research papers or do you write for professional journals or both?

The answers to questions like these can help a client better understand why they should hire you, what they will get, and how it will benefit them.

In your Chemistry specialized profile, remove this: "To: Upwork Subject: Applying for the vacancy Dear Sir/ Madam" and rewrite the summary using the information above. The letter/resume/CV format does not work well for an Upwork summary because you are not making a request; instead, you are telling clients about the services you provide and how you can help them.

You should also add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history, especially since those jobs are relevant to your Upwork services.

4fe4313b
Community Member

Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for suggestions on improving my Upwork profile

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01af359457902f6b83

celgins
Community Member

Hello Rahul,

It appears that your profile is incomplete.

First, remove "diploma holder" from your title. Your title should be simply: Electronics and Communications Engineer.

Next, remove any mention of looking for a part-time job. If your goal is freelancing, you must think of it as a business providing services to other businesses (clients). Your summary should tell clients which services you provide and how those services will meet their needs or solve their problems.

c1583d15
Community Member

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing great. I'm new to upwork. Any comments and suggestions on my profile will be much appreciated. 
Thanks 

celgins
Community Member

Hi Taryn,

There is some good information in your overview/summary, but I'm afraid clients might not understand exactly what you can do for them.

First, your title should be simpler and should not contain years of experience or extraneous text. For example, your title will mean more to prospective clients if it is: Office Administrator or Virtual Assistant. Next, your summary tells clients how good you are, but you never really tell them what you can provide. Maybe you should say something like:

I am an expert Office Administrator with 15 years of experience helping businesses organize and manage every aspect of their office environment. I can provide data entry, information/data collectioni, office administration, calendar/schedule management, invoicing, and document management.

I have accurate, fast keying skills and sound knowledge of computer applications, and a proven ability to collect and manage information efficiently and accurately. My clients' office environments are better because of my excellent written and verbal communication skills, and my strong desire to work hard and perform well. I am dedicated and comfortable working with confidential and sensitive information, and organization and attention to detail are priorities.

Regardless of the size of your company or your goals, my mission is to deliver the highest quality support that allows your organization to meet your most important goals.

Let's talk. I'm available to discuss your projects and how I can help you.

You might want to add a portfolio to show samples of your work. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Once you make these updates, I think clients will have a better understanding of the services you offer and how you can help meet their needs or solve their problems.

83de55ba
Community Member

Hi upwork community

I would like to get suggestions to improve my account. 
Thanks in advance!

celgins
Community Member

Hi Abdullah,

Your profile looks incomplete and does not tell clients who you are or the services you provide. You say you are a manager, but there are 500 different types of managers. What kind of manager (e.g., project manager, sales manager, human resources manager, etc.)

Remove this from your title: "+ My writing skills are great+Salesman" because it provides no value to clients. Instead, use a simple, specific title like Project Manager or Business Manager.

If you are not a manager, use your title, summary and skills to tell clients which services you provide.

4cb54263
Community Member

Hello community I would like to get feedback on my upwork profilehttps://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ce1582e25228281e?viewMode=1

Thank you

7a74000c
Community Member

Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for suggestions on improving my Upwork profile.

https://www.upwork.com/en-gb/freelancers/mitech

I sent many proposals but did not get a job. Please review my profile and give feedback. and any tips and tricks too get my first client on Upworks.

27a88007
Community Member

Hi everyone, 

Can I pls get a profile review...Cause I've joined Upwork since last year and I haven't gotten an invite for once. And my proposals even don't get view so much... 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0167f3ff65fa537ce4

mario_varela
Community Member

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be part of Upwork. I've been trying for about a month to get a job, but it's been tough. I would like to know what you think about my profile and how I can improve it.

thanks!

f527f2aa
Community Member

Hello, could you please rate my profile?
What should I add or remove? Where did I go wrong? How to prepare a profile?

adbd68c1
Community Member

c3380b1e
Community Member

Hi! I'm new to up work and I would really appreciate feedback on my profile. 

thank you!

adbd68c1
Community Member

Hi all. Been registered with Upwork for a year now. But I can't start working. Now I decided to resume my attempts to work here. Please rate my profile.

Thank you.
adbd68c1
Community Member

Hi all. Please rate my profile.

Thank you. 
adbd68c1
Community Member

Hi all. Please rate my profile.

Thank you.
9104bf03
Community Member

Hola soy nueva en la comunidad, hay cosas que aun no entiendo muy bien, agradecería su opinión en cuanto a mi perfil

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f957ce2a33095dc2

de antemano gracias

AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
413bd3a6
Community Member

Hello friends,

I'm Ketan from India. I have setup my company and office in Raleigh (NJ). I am very new to Upwork. And I'm not getting desired traction from Upwork. I would appreciate it if you could spend 5 minutes and evaluate my profile. It is https://upwork.com/freelancers/kp365.

Thanks in advance, Take good care of yourselves. Have a good day ahead!

4c0bf2d1
Community Member

Hello i am a Shopify Ecommerce Expert looking for work but i have not been able to secure jobs on upwork. Kindly check my profile and tell me what i'm missing. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01dc359a741c7355b8

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths