🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting WhatsApp messages from the HR Manager...
Page options
fc2c65e8
Community Member

Getting WhatsApp messages from the HR Manager for Upwork but the country code is +212

I recently got a message from a number**Edited for community guidelines**and the person on the other side is portrying herself as an HR manager from Upwork, she was asking for my 2 minutes as she got opportunites for me, I know this is a scam but how did she get my number? being newly registered on upwork it is very confusing, if anyone else has faced same thing before? and how to report this on upwork if needed? 

4 REPLIES 4
401d60e0
Community Member

It could be from a group you belong to on WhatsApp, and you may have been talking about Upwork there and someone took the opportunity to try their luck with you. 

No, I haven't joined any group regarding Upwork, nor have I discussed this with any third person whom I do not know personally, only my friends know about this Upwork thing I am doing

JoanneP

Hi Fahad,

As a gentle reminder, please note that users cannot communicate off Upwork until a contract has been set up on your account (the client sent an offer, and you accepted it). It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:
You may also want to read up on this Community article and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork.
~ Joanne
Upwork
fc2c65e8
Community Member

Hi Joanne, I have read this, that persona was not a client, she said she is the HR Manager from Upwork Advertising Services, I felt something fishy so I asked the person why their country code is +212 and their profile is not a business profile if they're from Upwork, to which, as per my expectations the other person did not reply and left me on seen.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths