🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting the first JOB
Page options
medi_office
Community Member

Getting the first JOB

Hey EveryOne,

I'm new at UPWORK, i just find difficulty to get my first JOB, i think clients have less interests in new freelancers(we totaly understand that), but how can i get my first job in that situation, i'm talented and confidant in what i do, i really look forward to build a real professional relations with great clients and have mutual respect and trust, do business and learning somthings new with everyone, i think for a new freelancer, this is the most difficult point, "getting the first job" i hope things getting easier for all the person who share view point, much love and success to everyone, hola!

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi El Mekki,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Every beginning can be difficult and everyone, including new freelancers, are experiencing highs and lows, but you shouldn't lose hope. You may want to consider checking these resources to help you get started:

Tips for writing proposals:

Tips on how to optimize your Upwork Profile for maximum exposure:

Additionally, you can check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
alexis-arinze
Community Member

I'd suggest you add some portfolio pieces. Clients are most attracted to work samples, especially when you're new to UpWork. Are you really a Native English speaker? It's best to be truthful, so when you're in a contract, the client isn't caught off guard.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths