🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hello community! I'm totally new to this and...
Page options
f4ce7d20
Community Member

Hello community! I'm totally new to this and am taking that leap of faith.

Hi Everyone:  After 20+ years in CPG, I've decided to go it alone and start my own gig.  I'm completely new to the Upwork platform and just created my profile yesterday.  Any feedback on my profile, examples of work (attached), website, etc. are greatly appreciated.  Also any tips for success are always welcome.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Cheers,

Eric

2 REPLIES 2
ArjayM

Hi Eric,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to Upwork! I can see that you have an impressive track record of work samples on your profile and since you're fairly new to the platform, I think it's best for you to start with the basics. Below you'll find a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. Good luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
f4ce7d20
Community Member

Hi Arjay:  Huge thanks for the reply and recommendation on the courses.  I'm taking them in between searching for work.  I will tell you this is a lot harder than I thought.  Just trying to attract my first gig so I'm trying to find that balance between my hourly wage, what I feel I'm worth with respect to experience and what I can bring to the table, and yet being attractive to a prospective employer.  I'm completely open to more suggestions you might have as you look at my profile.

Thank you in advance for your time.

-Eric

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths