🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I know that my profile is approved?
Page options
Melissa R Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614
Vladimir G Community Manager

Hi Sylvia,

I've checked and you don't need to submit your profile for review. However, you do need to enter your address on your Contact Info and Tax Information pages (click on your photo in the upper-right corner > Settings).

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Melissa P Community Member

Hi,

how can I submit my profile for review? And how do I know if it is accepted?

Thank you!

Melissa

Valeria K Community Member

Hi Melissa,

Your account has been approved. You can continue working on your profile to improve it, add more information about your own experience and skills and better describe what you are able to offer clients on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Albert A Community Member

How do i submit my profile? And how do i know if i get accepted? Thanks in advance!

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Albert, 

I can confirm that your profile has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Good luck!

~ Avery
Aditi B Community Member

Hi, 

I have submitted my profile about a week back, stilll havent heard from upwork. Wrote to the upwork support team asking them about the same and they asked me to click on the review button and resubmit my profile. I filled in all the details, not sure what is the next step. I see no Submit button so I am assuming just filling in all the information and click the review profile button should be enough.

Hi Aditi, 

I apologise for the delay. I'll follow up your account with the team handling the profile reviews so that they can proceed with reviewing your account. 

~ Avery
Aditi B Community Member

Thankyou, much appreciated.
Jo Anna G Community Member

Hi!

How can I check if my profile is already approved or for review. It;s been almost 2 mos and everytime I'll open upwork, it still directs me to Create Profile and I can't find a submit button. I already clicked review application a lot of times too. 

Hi Joanna, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the "Review Application" button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Oleh A Community Member

My account verified, I guess. But in the Membership & Connects page I see the next message:

Your profile has not yet been approved

Once your profile has been approved you can view your default membership plan or upgrade your plan on this page.

How should I approve my account?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Oleh,

It may take 24 hours for the profile review process from the time you submitted it for review. Once completed, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you of the status of your profile approval, thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Asif J Community Member

Please verify my account is approved or not
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Asif,

Yes your profile is approved but you will need to complete it as much as you can so that you can sent proposals. For help about completing your profile check out this guide, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Hemanth K Community Member

I have submitted my profile 2weeks still i am getting message like profile is under review will hear back in 24 hoursHow long it will take to review

Vladimir G Community Manager

Hi Hemanth,

I checked and see your profile has been accepted, you can proceed with completing your profile and getting familiar with the platform by reviewing these resources before starting to submit proposals.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Anna B Community Member

I created my profile, and sent his, but more than a week I have not received confirmation. How can I solve that?

Hi Anna,

I checked your account and you still haven`t submitted your application for a review, if you`re ready please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. Our review process can take up to 24 hours, once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Anna B Community Member

But I clicked. And I clicked many times and at different times. No I
clicking and I catching error: We're sorry, but something went wrong.
Please try again or contact support

Hi Anna,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to submit your application. If you`re still experiencing the same error after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Anna B Community Member

Now all is cool. Form was submitted. Thanks

Alishan T Community Member

Hi,
I've submitted my application for approval a quite a while ago. Please confirm my status.
Thank You.

Hi Alishan,

I just checked your account and can confirm that your application is not submitted for a review. If you`re ready please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you directly with the results, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Alishan T Community Member

Hi Goran,

Sorry, I just checked there was an error submitting the application. I've just fixed and submitted the application.

Hope to get selected.

Thanks.

Nicole D Community Member

Hi, my account has been pending approval for about two months now.

Thanks!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths