🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Submit profile for review
Page options
strategizebiz
Community Member

How can I know that my profile is approved?

Hello,

1. I would like to know if my profile has been aprroved....?
  2. Can you not have a status marker in the profile information so new users know whether or not they have been approved?

Thx,

Melissa

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. Please know that you can check if your profile has been approved on your end by trying to submit a proposal. If you’re able to submit proposals, it means your profile was approved! 

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8,614 REPLIES 8,614

Hi,

I resubmitted my profile but didn't receive any message of approval from Upwork. But under the section of Find Work, I have access to submit proposals. Please, confirm that my account is approved or not?

Thank you; 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Junaid,

Yes your profile is approved and you can start bidding on jobs, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I have got an email verifing that I have joined the Upwork Community. But can't Set Up Profile, or do anything else in my account. Please Help!

Hi Donara,

I checked and your profile is still under review. Please wait within 24 hours for our team to review your profile. You'll be notified once the review is over. Once it is approved, you will be able to choose one of our Basic or Plus membership plans by going to Settings > Membership & Connects and select a plan in order to be able to start bidding on projects. Please, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Additionally, try to set up your security question in order not to see redirection screen in your Profile Settings. Afterwards, please try to clear your cache and cookies or try using another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issues on your end. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Okay, thank you! I really need help, there are great opportunities I feel I'm missing out.

Hi, I have been waiting on my application to be approved a few days now, but I got an email saying set up your profile etc. and when I click on in it just redirects me to the window where I create the application and nothing happens I can't go to my account I can't do nothing, I just keep seeing my application and I don't know what to do further? Thank you!

Hi Aleksandar,

I checked this for you and it looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, log into your account on Upwork.com, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page. It can take up to 24 hours for the review to be completed, once it is completed our team will reach out to you directly with the results. We wish you a positive outcome with this, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

Thanks but I happen to have more problems than this and don't know how to solve them. I've completed my whole profile yet, I get this message:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I've clicked in the Resubmit profile button dozens of times, still, same message.

And even though this original message says I can apply for jobs, that's not right, take a look:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Can you help? At this rate, Upwork is not working for me if I cannot even be visible or postulate myself. I'm about to abandon the platform.

Thanks.

Hi Gloria,

Our team will review your profile and reach out to you with the results as soon as possible, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello! on this site was registered more than a month ago. The photo has changed where the face is better visible, all fields are filled. Please help to activate the profile for work.

Hi Anna,

I just checked your account and at the moment you will only need to submit your application for a review. If you`re ready please go to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application, the review process can take up to 24 hours. Once the review is finished our team will reach out to you with the results, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have submitted my application a few days ago.

I heard it takes usually 24 hours to get an answer as to whether you've been approved or not.

I don't understand why it's taking so long.

I haven't missed a section, and i've always checked both my inbox and junk/spam mail.

@Cristina M wrote:

I have submitted my application a few days ago.

I heard it takes usually 24 hours to get an answer as to whether you've been approved or not.

I doubt your profile pic will fly unless you are a Smurf.

Fairly non-descript overview and worst of all - no portfolio!

Without a meaningful portfolio you might as well forget it considering you are trying to break into what is one of the most competitive and cut-throat categories on the platform.

Hi Cristina,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, log into your account on Upwork.com, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Please add to your account real photo of yourself. We wish you a positive outcome with this, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, 

How do I submit my profile for review? I can't see the button for submit.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

I've checked and you don't need to submit your profile for review. However, you do need to enter your address on your Contact Info and Tax Information pages (click on your photo in the upper-right corner > Settings).

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi,

how can I submit my profile for review? And how do I know if it is accepted?

Thank you!

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Your account has been approved. You can continue working on your profile to improve it, add more information about your own experience and skills and better describe what you are able to offer clients on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork

How do i submit my profile? And how do i know if i get accepted? Thanks in advance!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Albert, 

I can confirm that your profile has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, 

I have submitted my profile about a week back, stilll havent heard from upwork. Wrote to the upwork support team asking them about the same and they asked me to click on the review button and resubmit my profile. I filled in all the details, not sure what is the next step. I see no Submit button so I am assuming just filling in all the information and click the review profile button should be enough.

Hi Aditi, 

I apologise for the delay. I'll follow up your account with the team handling the profile reviews so that they can proceed with reviewing your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thankyou, much appreciated.

Hi!

How can I check if my profile is already approved or for review. It;s been almost 2 mos and everytime I'll open upwork, it still directs me to Create Profile and I can't find a submit button. I already clicked review application a lot of times too. 

Hi Joanna, 

I checked your account and I can see that you are yet to submit your profile for review. You need to click the "Review Application" button to make sure you did not miss any section of the profile creation process. Any portion that is highlighted in red needs to be filled-in. Please review your application and update the missing fields to be able to submit your profile for review. In this case, please update the city field and resubmit your profile for review. 

Once you submit your profile, it takes at least 24 to 48-hours for the process to complete and you will be notified via email about your account.

~ Avery
Upwork

My account verified, I guess. But in the Membership & Connects page I see the next message:

Your profile has not yet been approved

Once your profile has been approved you can view your default membership plan or upgrade your plan on this page.

How should I approve my account?

Hi Oleh,

It may take 24 hours for the profile review process from the time you submitted it for review. Once completed, you will receive an email and a notification to your Upwork account to update you of the status of your profile approval, thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Please verify my account is approved or not
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Asif,

Yes your profile is approved but you will need to complete it as much as you can so that you can sent proposals. For help about completing your profile check out this guide, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have submitted my profile 2weeks still i am getting message like profile is under review will hear back in 24 hoursHow long it will take to review

Hi Hemanth,

I checked and see your profile has been accepted, you can proceed with completing your profile and getting familiar with the platform by reviewing these resources before starting to submit proposals.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I created my profile, and sent his, but more than a week I have not received confirmation. How can I solve that?

Hi Anna,

I checked your account and you still haven`t submitted your application for a review, if you`re ready please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. Our review process can take up to 24 hours, once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

But I clicked. And I clicked many times and at different times. No I
clicking and I catching error: We're sorry, but something went wrong.
Please try again or contact support

Hi Anna,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to submit your application. If you`re still experiencing the same error after this let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Now all is cool. Form was submitted. Thanks

Hi,
I've submitted my application for approval a quite a while ago. Please confirm my status.
Thank You.

Hi Alishan,

I just checked your account and can confirm that your application is not submitted for a review. If you`re ready please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Review Application. Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you directly with the results, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Sorry, I just checked there was an error submitting the application. I've just fixed and submitted the application.

Hope to get selected.

Thanks.

Hi, my account has been pending approval for about two months now.

Thanks!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths