🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do I count the 200 transactions?
Page options
michellers111
Community Member

How do I count the 200 transactions?

Hi!

I am getting ready to prepare my taxes for 2019. I am a bit confused about how to accurately know if I had more than 200 transactions last year (I do have more than 20k in income from Upwork). I downloaded the transaction history excel but it includes service fees paid as well as withdrawals to my bank account. Should I only count invoices?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Karla Michelle,

It would be best to consult with your local tax advisor so that you will be assisted accordingly on what transactions are required for your taxes. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Karla Michelle R wrote:

Hi!

I am getting ready to prepare my taxes for 2019. I am a bit confused about how to accurately know if I had more than 200 transactions last year (I do have more than 20k in income from Upwork). I downloaded the transaction history excel but it includes service fees paid as well as withdrawals to my bank account. Should I only count invoices?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what they count, but I believe it's at least 2 per withdraw (paid plus the withdraw). I think they count the fees too. I think I should get one and I have not gotten mine yet. They usually come around the end of the month.

I will be interested in this answer, too, because the Report-income-from-Upwork page says "A 1099-K is a record of payments, not earnings", so it seems that only payments should count in the 200 number.

I don't think we are asking what is required for taxes, but what transactions Upwork counts in the 200 number.

Thanks for any insight.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths