🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do I message a prospective client
Page options
54d8255b
Community Member

How do I message a prospective client

I submitted a proposal to a potential client three weeks ago. Since then, the client has been on Upwork often, but I haven't had a response or a rejection about the job, and the job is still open. Is it even allowed for me to contact the clients directly through Upwork? If I can, how do I do it?

Much thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Wesley S wrote:

I submitted a proposal to a potential client three weeks ago. Since then, the client has been on Upwork often, but I haven't had a response or a rejection about the job, and the job is still open. Is it even allowed for me to contact the clients directly through Upwork? If I can, how do I do it?

Much thanks.

In the overwhelming majority of cases, you won't get any response from a client unless they are interested in hiring you, and no, you cannot message the client unless they message you first. Just move on and keep bidding on other projects.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Wesley S wrote:

Much thanks.

In the overwhelming majority of cases, you won't get any response from a client unless they are interested in hiring you, and no, you cannot message the client unless they message you first. Just move on and keep bidding on other projects.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths