🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I am not receiving the verification email and...
Page options
bhargav-s-desai
Community Member

I am not receiving the verification email and hence cannot set up my profile

I've made an account with Upwork and I am stuck at the verification of my email step because I am not recieving any verification mails. I've tried for hours on end but even after requesting multiple resends, the mail just won't come. 

I've checked the junk folder and the spam folder and contact Gmail support too, and they tell me the mail never reached their servers. 

Can somebody help me resolve this issue please!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bhargav, 

Please try resending the verification email again and let me know if you`re still not receiving it. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

124 REPLIES 124

Hi Akshay,

Just to confirm, did you checked your junk and spam folders? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I cannot see my verification email even after resending so many times. I have checked my spam and junk folders but it's not there. Please can somebody help me?

Hi Ifreke,

Could you please try resending the email one more time? Let me know if you still don't receive the email.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandra,

I just did but I still have not received it.

So sorry for the wrong spelling of your name Aleksandar.

Hi Ifreke,

No problems for the name spelling Robot Happy

One of our agents will be reaching out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification email.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

It's all good now. Thanks Aleksandar!
78ed3043
Community Member

Maybe try disabling your adblocker? Mine thought the Upwork email verification scripts were ad scripts and disabled them.

44e1b6e3
Community Member

Same issue  here. Tried 4 times already in the last 2 weeks. No email

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dawid,

I checked and the verification email was sent to your email successfully. Make sure you’ve entered the email address correctly and lastly use the option to change the email address you provided if you are still having issues. Afterwards, please resend the email one more time, check your inbox and spam folder, check the settings for your email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren’t being blocked. 

Let us know if you received the confirmation email.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
44e1b6e3
Community Member

Hey,

same problem here. Not getting the verificarion email despite several tries.

Dawid

Hi Dawid,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
guillermocordero
Community Member

Having here the same issue. Just trying to login on my phone and the verification email is never sent. Already checked junk email. Tried last week and the previous week, very frustrating.

Hi Guillermo,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
e0ee80b9
Community Member

I am also not receiving my verification email. No matter how many times I click send

Hi Sam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to verify your email. Could you please clarify if you need further assistance?

~ Nikola
Upwork
b6273f17
Community Member

Hi, I have tried several times and have not received the verification code to my mobile phone.  Can a representative please contact me?

Hi Cameron,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
d1d7c945
Community Member

Hi, i am not receiving verification email from upwork. I have signed up. Please help.

759e32fa

Hi Megi,

I would be happy to help. I checked and it looks like you were able to verify your email address. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance?

Additionally, as you are new to Upwork you may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork. You can also visit our events and webinar page to register for upcoming events or watch recordings of past events.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi! I am encountering the same issue. I have resent the verification email a couple of times already but nothing is still sent in my inbox and even spam. Please assist. Thank you. 

Hi Jane,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
339484f0
Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to receive verification emai, tried many times but no emai yet. Checked spam and junk folder as well.

Thank You

Hi Hammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
uk30058
Community Member

I am also not receiving my verification email. It is not in my spam or junk folders. I completed my first job..

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that the verification document you provided is still in review.  Kindly allow more time for the relevant team to complete their review, they'll let you know if you need to take any further steps.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bd266e92
Community Member

Hello,

I am also not recieving the verifiation email as well.

Can someone assist with this?

Thanks
Mohamed

Hi Mohamed,

I checked your account and it looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
bd266e92
Community Member

I am trying to change my email to my agency assigned email and it won't change. I have verification request pending now

Hi Mohamed,

I can confirm that your request has been escalated to the appropriate team and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review and expect an update here once done. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
56df3416
Community Member

I am having the same issue. Now it will not let me resend any more verification emails. Nothing in inbox or spam.

Hi Dinah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to verify your email address. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5441bc8c
Community Member

Hi,

I didn't receive any verification email even after re-sending it so many times
Can you please help me with this ?

Thanks

Hi Stephane,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
25d0b42b
Community Member

hi, i am not receiving verification email from upwork. I have signed up. Please help.

Hi Milan,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
raza_aziz
Community Member

I cannot get my account verified. It is an old account but I have started using it now. I am not recieving any verification email from upwork. Kindly tell me what is the issue on my behalf although my profile is 100% complete.

Hi Raza,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
raza_aziz
Community Member

But how am I supposed to find a job without verified profile?

Hi Raza,

I can confirm that there's no restriction on your account so you can definitely submit proposals to potential clients even without having the ID Verification Badge. As Luiggi mentioned, if the team finds the need for you to verify, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete the process. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths