๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป New to Upwork ยป Phone Verification
Page options
Danielle K Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
Petra R Community Member

Sydney S wrote:

I created my account yesterday and it says my phone number is being used by another account--I used to have a different Upwork account that I went in and deleted yesterday, but it still won't let me put my phone number in my new (this) account.

That's because you are not allowed to have another account. You need to delete your new account and have our original account opened again. That (the original account) is the only account you are ever allowed to have.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Sydney,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you closed. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Mamoon S Community Member

Hi there, 

I have a problem with my phone number. I have added a new phone number in profile but it still showing an old number while login from a new device. I don't have that number now. So, each time I have to go to Gmail to get the code. 

Please send me the solution.

Thanks 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mamoon,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Savannah S Community Member

I am trying to set up my profile but cannot verify my phone as I am not recieving the text message with the PIN. The phone number entered is correct. I have re-entered the same number several times. I no longer have the option to resend the text. I'm not sure how to proceed.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Savannah,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Iosif M Community Member

Hello,
Apologies if this is the wrong subforum for this question.

I am trying to confirm my account and the last step is verifying my phone number. Back when I tried to make the account I didn't have my phone on me and now I'm permanently locked from verifying one. Every time I type in an alternate phone number, the verification says I failed to verify. I've tried so many different phone numbers and it just clears them and then puts in the old one. Any way I can reset this so I can put my original number in?

Hi Iosif,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Michael M Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to finish my registration and I get the message:

This number is being used by another account.

I can't remember having another upwork account. Could you please help me with this? I can't find any place to contact customer support. 

Hi Michael,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Yixin H Community Member

Dear assistant:

I'm blocking on the last step of registration. I can not use my cellphone number to finish that.

The informtion shows that my number already been used, and I tried all my e-mail address and possible password, but it did not work. Could you please help me to fix that ?

Thanks so much

Thank you for reaching out to us, Yixin.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Beth R Community Member

I must've created an old Upwork profile in the past.

I am trying to create a profile now, and it says my phone number is currently in use under another profile. I have no idea what that old profile could be or what email address I used, but I am unable to move forward as I am not able to enter my phone number.

Any advice?

Hi Beth,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Shamshawan W Community Member

I need help verifying my phone number as well, it seems like a profile was made with my phone before

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Shamshawan,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that our team reached out to you regarding your concern with verifying your phone number. Please log in to your account, and kindly check your ticket number: 28811584. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Shamshawan W Community Member

Yes, I haven't been called yet and it's been almost 12 hours
Haley H Community Member

Hi, I have tried several times, and the verification code is not coming through and I have no way to confirm my phone number and thus get work. Help?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Haley,

Iโ€™ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Remco V Community Member

Guys, what the hell is going on. i want to get paid and Im getting this stupid unrealistic requirement.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Remco,

I'm sorry for the trouble that you're having while adding your phone number. Could you please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Giada N Community Member

Hi

This is my account (https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~014b77311a1bce10c2/) but I can't access it because I'm still creating it but I get to a point where I'm asked "

Next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security" and "For added security, enter your phone number and weโ€™ll text you a security code to verify itโ€™s you. Messaging rates may apply."

However, when I enter it and select 'verify', I don't receive any text at all, so I'm stuck.

I can't access that account or do anything else on that page.

What shall I do? 

Thank you!

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Giada,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Seona J Community Member

I currently live abroad and do not have a US phone number anymore. How do you suggest going through the verification process when signing up as a freelancer?

Martina P Community Member

Seona J wrote:

I currently live abroad and do not have a US phone number anymore. How do you suggest going through the verification process when signing up as a freelancer?

You have to use the country you reside in, so you don't need an US phone number, but a local one anyway. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths