cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Elizabeth R Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
1341 of 1,504

Preston,

Thank you! I will take the time to read through the Service Terms and eagerly await help from Upwork Support.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
1342 of 1,504

Elizabeth R wrote:

I previously had an Upwork account. I am creating a new one to coincide more directly with the new business I just started. I updated my previous account with a different phone number so I can link my mobile number to the new Upwork account. I keep receiving the message "This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number." How can I correct this?

Thank you!

Elizabeth,

Preston is right about not being allowed more than one account on Upwork. However, Upwork now makes it possible to showcase different skills on your account, so you can still add your change of direction. 

I have flagged your post so that a moderator can help you sort this out. In the meantime, you could read Upwork's Terms of Service  to avoid a possible suspension.

Elizabeth R Member Since: Oct 11, 2019
1343 of 1,504

Nichola,

Thank you!!

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1344 of 1,504

Hi Elizabeth,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of your old account. I'll check that for you and advise you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Hannah S Member Since: Oct 13, 2019
1345 of 1,504
I am facing the same issue and nothing I’m reading online is fixing the problem.
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1346 of 1,504

Hi Hannah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process. Thanks.

-Joanne
Untitled
Dana D Member Since: Oct 10, 2019
1347 of 1,504
While filling out my profile, I've gotten to the phone verification where I was sent a sms text message. After entering and verifying the code successfully the process seems hung and won't progress past this point.

I cannot submit any proposals until this is fixed..

Please help
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1348 of 1,504

Hi Dana, 

I checked your account and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please know that this is a known issue and the team is working to resolve it. I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and someone from their team will reach out to you to assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Sarah N Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
1349 of 1,504

Hello!

I'm attempting to publish my profile, but I'm stuck on the phone verification page due to some conflicting error messages. I put in my phone number, put in the code, and it said the phone number is verified. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

But when I tried to go past the verification to publish, it's now telling me the phone number is not verified (even though the little verified check is there when I go back). It also won't resend the code, and the phone number and code fields remain greyed out so I can't change it/input anything

**Edited for community guidelines**

If an agent could please assist me in fixing this verification issue and publishing my profile, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Sarah

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1350 of 1,504

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for reaching out to us! One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you with this concern.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS