Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive a text message verification code

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2441 of 2,973

Hi Shamshawan,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that our team reached out to you regarding your concern with verifying your phone number. Please log in to your account, and kindly check your ticket number: 28811584. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sgw144
Shamshawan W Member Since: Jun 1, 2020
2442 of 2,973
Yes, I haven't been called yet and it's been almost 12 hours
40bf14d3
Haley H Member Since: Jun 2, 2020
2443 of 2,973

Hi, I have tried several times, and the verification code is not coming through and I have no way to confirm my phone number and thus get work. Help?

tinker_bell3
2444 of 2,973

Hi Haley,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
remco89
Ace Contributor
Remco V Member Since: Mar 13, 2018
2445 of 2,973

Guys, what the hell is going on. i want to get paid and Im getting this stupid unrealistic requirement.

tinker_bell3
2446 of 2,973

Hi Remco,

I'm sorry for the trouble that you're having while adding your phone number. Could you please try adding the phone number in this format "(country code) phone number" without the plus (+) sign for the country code, make sure to wrap the country code in brackets and add a space between the country code and the phone number. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
giada_n
Giada N Member Since: Jun 6, 2020
2447 of 2,973

Hi

This is my account (https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~014b77311a1bce10c2/) but I can't access it because I'm still creating it but I get to a point where I'm asked "

Next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security" and "For added security, enter your phone number and we’ll text you a security code to verify it’s you. Messaging rates may apply."

However, when I enter it and select 'verify', I don't receive any text at all, so I'm stuck.

I can't access that account or do anything else on that page.

What shall I do? 

Thank you!

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2448 of 2,973

Hi Giada,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3916d470
Seona J Member Since: Jun 6, 2020
2449 of 2,973

I currently live abroad and do not have a US phone number anymore. How do you suggest going through the verification process when signing up as a freelancer?

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2450 of 2,973

Seona J wrote:

I currently live abroad and do not have a US phone number anymore. How do you suggest going through the verification process when signing up as a freelancer?

You have to use the country you reside in, so you don't need an US phone number, but a local one anyway. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS