🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Ok, thanks. Seems to be working.

A few years ago? Weird

Hi, I am having this same issue, can you help verify mine as well? thanks.

Hi Alice,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey, I have the same problem. I can't do anything on the site at all currently until I verify my phone number when creating my profile, and nothing happens when I click "verify phone number" in the pop up box and I've tried different numbers and browsers. Help.

Hi Pranav, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Mine is not working either. I can not do anything on the site because ti will not send me a verification code no matter how many times I re-send the request.

Hello Isabell,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

I'm having the same issue. Submitted verification for phone number and am not getting it. The number is correct. I've tried resending it.

Hi Paul,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you and assist you with the verification.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am having the same issue with not receving the text. I'd be very grateful if someone could reach out to me to resolve this issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danielle,

We'll have one of our agents get in touch with you to assist you with this. Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rbalabarcon1971
Community Member

Hello 

I am new to upWork and just above the page, a message shows that I need to update my double verification, which I tried and update using a phone option.  However, I tried entering my phone number and I don't receive a text message with the verification number after waiting for minutes? Click resend thrice and nothing happens, which triggered a red flag that I've been clicking many times.  I am using UAE number thou. Does the double-verification works here in UAE? 

Thank you! 

Hi Richard,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lashunda93
Community Member

Trying to enter my phone number

Hi Lashunda,

Do you need any help with your phone number or your account? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nicoleatphilz
Community Member

Hi,

I'm currently stuck on the "Set a security phone number" window. It won't text me a verification or let me get past that point.

Will someone from the admin team please contact me?

Cheers,

Nicole

Hi Nicole, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
benstewart906
Community Member

Having this same issue. I enter my phone number and before it even sends the text it says "Failed to verify". Thanks for your assistance! 

Hi Benjamin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sherie9031
Community Member

I am having this same issue and have tried all the troubleshooting techinques suggested in this outline below. None has worked.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sherie,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
myitjob
Community Member

Hello,

I am not able to verify number as it says you failed to verify number.

I am not able to do anything with my account and not able to close it as there is no account closing link.

There is no customer care as well.

Please close my account ASAP.

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi A, 

A member of the Customer Suppor Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
aolaninikito
Community Member

I've been trying to finish creating my account and I'm stuck the phone number I put in is not receiving my verification code so I want to change it but there's no option to change it now can someone help me

Hi Dominique,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
3391da2b
Community Member

Please contact me at **Edited for Community Guidelines** or **Edited for Community Guidelines** so that I can get past the code page for the activation of my file - thanks!!!

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks very much!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Best to you!

Sabrina

shelbyewen
Community Member

Hello! I've been having this same issue. Could someone help me? Thanks!

Hi Shelby,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
aolaninikito
Community Member

Spoiler
I haven't received my verification code

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Dominique,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jobseeker15
Community Member

when I verify my phone number I  get a message of 6 digits and when I write it in the verification box it said it is a wrong number and my trials have end so how can I try again to verify my phone  

Hi Wafaa,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
diana-rooney
Community Member

Whe I enter my phone number and hit the green button, nothing happens so that I cannot proceed with my account registration.

Hi Diana,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and will assist you further in completing the phone verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
k_tebben
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. It says my phone number is already being used but I cannot find the account it is associated with. Please help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kathryn, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kevin-armstrong
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to set up a new account as a freelancer and I keep getting the error when I try to enter my number. I don't remember setting up another account, but I hope you guys can help me thanks.

Hi Kevin, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you through an email to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths