🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I haven't been consistent on Upwork because I...
Page options
4903bf61
Community Member

I haven't been consistent on Upwork because I did not really understand it or how to consistently ge

I haven't been consistent on Upwork because I did not really understand it or how to consistently get jobs. I need help to be able to make a living from this. Tips and tricks. help and focus is what I need.

1 REPLY 1
4a17c75f
Community Member

1. Find YOUR niche. What are you good at? For example someone could identify as writer>>scientific research writer

2.Build your account around that. Give a few good examples of what you do in your portfolio, watch videos and see how people in your niche have set up their accounts, work on your description, tags, profile picture and anything else on your page. It makes a lot of difference because thats what the client sees. If it's not good, the client would probably assume you're not good for the job.

3. Send out proposals using your free connects. Don't waste them too much on unecessary jobs. Find jobs that fit you and  have documents that support that.

4. Apply, work on your COVER LETTER(youtube, again). I got my first job after 20 applications.

5. Do your first job really well and it'll hopefully lead to a further contract with the client OR a five star rating that brings up your credibility.

Upwork has been very welcoming for me, and I've been on it for 10 days max before which i didnt even know what it was. Making a living will take time but this is what I've learned and so far it's worked. Best of luck. Consistency is key, don't loose momentum.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths