🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I made a bonus payment in error, thinking I w...
Page options
8fb9358d
Community Member

I made a bonus payment in error, thinking I was paying for the entire job

I hired someone a couple of days ago to do a simple Analytics install. After he completed the job I thought I had to pay him straight away. So upon paying the full amount I found out that I had in fact made a 'bonus payment' rather than paying for the actual job. Not sure if this error can be fixed easily?

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: “Not sure if this error can be fixed easily?”

Yes.

This is easily fixed.

Send a message to the freelancer explaining what happened. Just like you explained it to us. Ask him to use the freelancer side “refund” option to refund the money back to you. Thank him for his help with this.

The freelancer refused, and said he could count it as a prepayment for future work.

I was surprised by this as I had already paid him 8 hours to install Google Analytics and Ecom tracking - and when pressed how many more hours to finish the job he said upwards of 15.

I feel like he's a con - although he's had good reviews so I went in trusting he is legit.

Hello Stephen,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with a freelancer. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks, yeah he took over 8 hours to install analytics refused to refund bonus payment made in error, and turns out the analytics isn't even working. Feeling ripped off by this platform right now.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths