🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I received a message through the platform
Page options
d52df304
Community Member

I received a message through the platform

I received a message through the platform, from a client indicating that I should write to a person via Telegram, that person asked me some things and sent me a project that needs to be completed urgently. Is that correct or is it a scam?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
b2970f45
Community Member

Hi Danisa,

Upwork suggest that never give your personal information before a contract. Also the messenger tool here and zoom integration is enough for the interview process. 

When I recieve an instant message, I ask details about the project. Then invite them so send a project or contract.

In addition, always check this client profile, the reviews, time in the platform and if they have verified payment check.

Have a nice day and stay safe. 

Regards, 

Mery.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
b2970f45
Community Member

Hi Danisa,

Upwork suggest that never give your personal information before a contract. Also the messenger tool here and zoom integration is enough for the interview process. 

When I recieve an instant message, I ask details about the project. Then invite them so send a project or contract.

In addition, always check this client profile, the reviews, time in the platform and if they have verified payment check.

Have a nice day and stay safe. 

Regards, 

Mery.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths