🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Improve my Profile
Page options
agusvazquez
Community Member

Improve my Profile

Hello guys!

Thanks for reading.

I need help to improve my profile, I'm not getting any work after 2 months of sending proposals. I'm quite new on upwork but i have been working for 8 years and I know how get things done. But nobody even tries my services! 😞

What I am doing wrong?

Cheers!

5 REPLIES 5
seoexpertfrank
Community Member

HERE ARE SOME TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOU. 

1. HOW MANY TESTIMONIALS DO YOU HAVE A WRITER LIKE YOURSELF SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST 10 OR MORE USE THEM PUT THEM ON YOUR BIO PAGE AT THE TOP SO THAT IS WHAT THEY SEE FIRST. 

2. CHECK YOUR PRICING ARE YOU TO HIGH OR TO LOW 

3. CHANGE YOUR TITLE TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS 

THE BEST WRITER YOU'LL EVER HAVE WORK FOR YOU 

4. OFFER A FREE GIFT WITH THIER ORDER 

I HOPE THESE TIPS HELP

@Frank G wrote:

HERE ARE SOME TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOU. 

1. HOW MANY TESTIMONIALS DO YOU HAVE A WRITER LIKE YOURSELF SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST 10 OR MORE USE THEM PUT THEM ON YOUR BIO PAGE AT THE TOP SO THAT IS WHAT THEY SEE FIRST. 

2. CHECK YOUR PRICING ARE YOU TO HIGH OR TO LOW 

3. CHANGE YOUR TITLE TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS 

THE BEST WRITER YOU'LL EVER HAVE WORK FOR YOU 

4. OFFER A FREE GIFT WITH THIER ORDER 

I HOPE THESE TIPS HELP

-------------------------------

You're kidding,,,,,, right?????

The OP is not even a writer, so points 1 and 3 are not even relevant, let alone helpful.

And why would a freelancer offer a free gift with the 'order'? lol.

prachi163
Community Member

Hi Agustin,

I am not a software developer, so I won't be able to comment on the specific skills that you have mentioned. However, this sentence from your profile needs to go. 'I'm very perfectionist and I like to get things done in the best way to achieve the goal that is providing a excellent engagement with the user and change the way of living of them.'

It really means nothing - just some fluff.

Instead, write briefly more about the type of projects you have done.

All the best!

Also, are you sending out tailor-made proposals for each job after carefully evaluating whether you have what it takes to do it successfully? Apply only to relevant jobs with a new well-written proposal every time.

Thanks Prachi!

I'll take that into account to improve my profile! 🙂

My writing skills are not so good 😞

Something like this is ok?

"I developed apps with video processing using FFMPEG, live streaming, a uber style for carpooling and even an IOT (internet of things) application to control your own heater from your smartphone with geofencing as an option to turn on / off depending on your current location."

Cheers

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths