🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » In dire need of help
Page options
derekramirez28
Community Member

In dire need of help

I would love to work as a freelancer but I'm afraid the skill I have isn't really that popular. I'm a veteran in the call center/customer service field and I've been sending proposals to multiple clients and none of them are coming back. Can I get some help? I don't know where to start. Do you suggest a new skill maybe that I can work on to be able to get hired? Or I'm I just doing things incorrectly. I'd really appreciate any help.

3 REPLIES 3
bigbangking
Community Member

You maybe enthusiastic and you may be qualified enough. If theres enough job posts in your field, showing your ability and if you are able to do something great for client is important.

Many new freelancers are not patient enough to try for longer. 

For new freelancers my first advice is - keep polishing your skills and proposals till you reach your goal of having the job you desire.

Then it comes to the fact that if your field really has the number of jobs that is good enough.

And my final advice will be - always try to learn something new. If you find a new skill that you love, keep polishing your skill and propsals till you reach your goal.

Best of luck to all new freelancers.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Derek R wrote:

I would love to work as a freelancer but I'm afraid the skill I have isn't really that popular. I'm a veteran in the call center/customer service field and I've been sending proposals to multiple clients and none of them are coming back. Can I get some help? I don't know where to start. Do you suggest a new skill maybe that I can work on to be able to get hired? Or I'm I just doing things incorrectly. I'd really appreciate any help.

First impression of your profile: it's a chaotic mix of skills and private information. You need to get into a client mind set - what will make a client want to hire you? Get some structure into your profile, and answer that question for the client, and only that question. 

purplepony
Community Member

@Derek R wrote:

___________________________________________________________________________Derek, the following information should be of assistance to you.  Current information on UW regarding "Customer Service:"

Earned Amount

Any amount earned (215,962)
$1+ earned (31,733)
$100+ earned (29,255)
$1k+ earned (25,366)
$10k+ earned (16,721)
No earnings yet (184,229)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths