🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Rising Talent badge when no JSS rate is given
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540
petra_r
Community Member

Saydur R wrote:

Thank Petra But how can I get my rising talent in this situation? 

You can't.

All you can do is complete contracts perfectly, doing a great job so clients don't leave poor feedback. 
That way you will be able to improve your metrics, but the chance of getting a rising talent badge is gone forever.

saydur1
Community Member

thanks for your valuable information

I have completed my Profile as 100%

Also I have passed Upwork Readiness Test as 5marks.

But till now, I didn't get the Rising Talent Badge.

What I need to do more to get the Rising Talent Badge?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joao David De Souz,

We're not able to provide the information you’re requesting since we can’t share the users’ Rising Talent qualification specifics. Once you meet all the requirements for the Rising Talent program, you should receive the badge within 48 hours.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I've passed it. How much are the chances for a rising talent badge now?

Here is the Criteria:

• 100% complete profile with signs of great experience prior to Upwork
  • Positive performance on Upwork, including submitting high-quality proposals and being selected for jobs
  • Comply with Upwork Terms of Service

Hi Eram,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I am Marie. I would like to know how Upwork choose the rising talent? it would be so wonderful to have the rising talent badge, in fact, it is my first goal in Upwork! that's why I met all the requirements, And Today I got my first long-term job! I am happy, but I would be even happier if you can choose me for the rising talent badge! Thank you.

Hello Marie-Marthe,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi!

Today I woke up and find that my rising talent badge has disappeared please can you go through my profile and share your ideas what could be the possible reason?

Thanks.

Hi Costantine,

Please know that we are not able to provide the information you’re requesting since we can’t share the users’ Rising Talent qualification specifics. Once you meet all the requirements for the Rising Talent program, you should receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks Nikola!

i have a old profile like 6 month old i recently started getting clients does having a old profile dont get a rising talent badge? cuz i havn't been active on upwork for like months, let me know if it count against rising talent critria

Hi Wahhaj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you are still eligible to receive Rising Talent Status. Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile.

Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I hope everyone is doing fine. By the way, can someone tell me why I lose my Rising talent badge?
It happened that I updated all my profile information and portfolio. I just figure out that I lose it after doing some changes to my profile. Can someone help me with my concern?

Lanmark T wrote:

I just figure out that I lose it after doing some changes to my profile. 

It sounds like you temporarily brought your profile completeness below 100%, which is why your badge vanished. It'll take up to a couple of days for it to come back after your profile is 100% complete again.

Hello Petra, you are a great help. Yes you are right, it decreases to 95% then later I noticed that there was no badge already.

I will just wait then, thanks again! You are awesome!

Hello Upwork,

I have completed 5 jobs with 5 star review and my profile is 100% completed,  passed the readiness test as well and  I have meet all requirments for rising talent badge. but still I didnt get my badge. what can be the reason possibly?

Hi Majida,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

I meet all the requirements from here and yet I haven't received email confirming my Rising Talent status. Is there anything I'm missing?

Hi Patryk,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks, but I've linked the same page in my original post. Is it possible
to check if there are any specific issues?

I have completed the verified badge but didn't get the rising talent badge. Would you please help me?

Hi Shubham,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have completed sir all criteria but didn't get yet any email.

I have completed all the criteria of Upwork but have not received any rising talent badge till now, help me heow can I add badge for me...

here is my profile link

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ef5e287fa8bd7ef5

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hussain,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you’ll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

when do i get rising talent bade on upwork, I have all the requirements, or is there a particular amount of money to earn the badge?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi SANNI, 

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive an invitation to the program. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello everyone, 

I'm confused on why I haven't received the badge that almost every newbies get - The Rising Talent badge? Also, I'm confused as to when will I get my JSS.

For both issues, I believe I have fulfilled all the criteria -  100% profile completion, passed readiness test, more than 4 completed projects, at least 2 different clients, $1k earnings, etc. 

I'm not sure what else to do to qualify for the RT badge and JSS. Please advice 😞

Hi Syamimi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Regarding your concern about the Job Success Score. Please know that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. You can find more information here

I would also like to clarify that the Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. Once you receive your JSS, you can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola, 

Thanks for the detailed answer. 

My issue is I believed I have fulfilled all the criteria, you can have a look at my profile here:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 completed jobs with more than 2 different clients, all 5 stars. 

Is there any way to get the support team to help in specifying what I'm missing? 

Hi Syamimi,

I would like to clarify that neither our team here nor our Customer Support team will be able to provide the information you're requesting since we can't share the users' Rising Talent or JSS qualification specifics.

Thank you for understanding, 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, Can somebody check my profile and let me know when will i get Rising Talent Badge.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile.

Neither our team here nor our Customer Support team will be able to provide the information you're requesting since we can't share the users' Rising Talent qualification specifics. Once all the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Team,

I have been around with upwork for a while now and have completed about 25 jobs and have got a good Job Success score, but I have still not received a rising talent or top rated badge. 

I already know the requirements for getting the rising talent badge so no need to post them again.

Now I know that you guys can not tell a specific reason for not getting invited for a badge, but what I would like you to do is once go to my profile, have a look at inform me that what could posibly be the reason for me not getting the badge.

I will really appreciate your inputs. 

Thanks.

Amit M wrote:

Hello Team,

I have been around with upwork for a while now and have completed about 25 jobs and have got a good Job Success score, but I have still not received a rising talent or top rated badge. 

I already know the requirements for getting the rising talent badge so no need to post them again.

Now I know that you guys can not tell a specific reason for not getting invited for a badge, but what I would like you to do is once go to my profile, have a look at inform me that what could posibly be the reason for me not getting the badge.

I will really appreciate your inputs. 

Thanks.

I don't see why you are asking about rising talent badge, since you know that once you have a JSS you will not get it any more?

I have completed all of conditions for Rising Talent but still didn't get any email. Please solve this problem.

Hi Khadija,

Thank you for your message. I see that you already have a Job Success Score (JSS) on your Upwork profile. You get a JSS once you have enough work history on your Upwork profile. You can start working toward Top Rated status now.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I still don't have a JSS rate, however I have all the requirements for the Rising Talent badge and never got an email invitation. Also, where do I see my profile % completion?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths