cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

nurulislam35
Nurul I Member Since: Apr 30, 2018
541 of 917

Hello! I have a question about the "rising talent" badge.

Can I get the Rising Talent badge after a 2-year vacuum on Upwork?

Hey, I joined Upwork last 2018, but I just completed one job.

I asked the community and they told me to improve my skills. So that is what I did in 2018 develop some skills while gaining work experience through some offline jobs. And also got the certification.

Once I feel confident enough and I try to work on Upwork again in January  2021, I polished my profile and upload my portfolio.

In my 1st week of working, here again, I got interviews then I landed 3 jobs successfully with 5 stars feedback from clients.

I just want to know that Is there any possibilities to get a Rising Talent badge on my account?

Or the Rising Talent badge can be received only by fresh accounts.?

P.s. I read a "Rising Talent" article from the Upwork help center. It says you need to have a 100% complete account. Be active in the last 90 days. Satisfy your clients. And other things.Nothing about old or new account issues.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
542 of 917

Nurul I wrote:

I just want to know that Is there any possibilities to get a Rising Talent badge on my account?.

It's not impossible, but probably not likely.

You've done 4 contracts, so you'll get a Job Success Score after a few more (you need 4+, depending on size of contract, from at least 2 different clients within 24 months, so the one from 2018 is out of the window)

nurulislam35
Nurul I Member Since: Apr 30, 2018
543 of 917

Thanks for your information.

Hope for the best.

alejandrojess
Jesse John O Member Since: Jun 15, 2020
544 of 917

Hello, can someone check my profile and see what's missing for the criteria of Risign Talent Badge? I'm not why I'm still not qualified for the badge.  Thank you. 

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
545 of 917

Hi Jesse,

Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola

Untitled
heiman_susan
Susan H Member Since: Feb 22, 2021
546 of 917

It says you can get a rising talent badge prior to completing your first project. How do you do this?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
547 of 917

Hi Susan,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge.

~ Joanne
Upwork
heiman_susan
Susan H Member Since: Feb 22, 2021
548 of 917

This does not make any sense. I have completed all of the requirements. I have been a designer for more than 30 years. I know I will create a lost of happy customers for both of us. I'm not sure what else I need to do.

masnilknarf
Samuel F Member Since: Dec 18, 2020
549 of 917

Six days ago I recieved the "Congrats, you're a Rising Talent" email, and also saw it would take around two days for the badge to appear on my profile. However, its been almost a week, and I still don't see it. I've been submitting proposals to projects I've been invited too, and started/finished contracts since, is it possible I'm somehow no longer in the program, or does it just take a while to display?

It says I have a JSS of 100% from six jobs, I know JSS and RT are exclusive, but I don't know the specifics of it

joynul33
Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
550 of 917

Hi,

I can't view your profile. Is there any problem with your profile?

Joynul
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS