🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge ...
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

Thanks for sharing. me happened with me, as my rising talent badge git removed. Soon after i completed a 5 star project with previous clients. Can I assume the same my JSS is under review ? If yes the how many days it takes to review the process. Thanks foe the help.
petra_r
Community Member

Assad K wrote:
If yes the how many days it takes to review the process. Thanks foe the help.

With the 2x poor feedback in your history you are much better off without a JSS (no JSS is better than a poor one, which is what you would have)

That said, you may get a JSS next time it is calculated on Sunday.

Hi!

I would like to ask about the readiness test. I created my Upwork account last 2016 but wasn’t able to take the Readiness Test. When my friend told me about the Rising Star Badge this year 2020, I took the exam right away and passed. However, 2 months or so have passed but still, I haven’t received my badge yet. 😞 does the Rising Star Badge only applies to the people who are new to Upwork? Thank you.

Hi Francis Rose Ann,

Remember that there are many factors that contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities available in the market. Even new freelancers who have yet to complete any Upwork projects can become Rising Talent. Please note that the process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello Upwor team, 

I am working in a proposals and am eagerly waiting to get my Rising Talent Badge.I have 90% completed profile and have added My Certification. What else needs to be done?

Is the 30 days of joining Upwork mandatory?

Please do let me know when I will get my Rising Talent Badge.

Antony V wrote:

Please do let me know when I will get my Rising Talent Badge.

Your profile has to be 100% complete, but only some people who meet the minimum criteria get the RT status. Mostly successfully completed jobs are needed, and even then it isn't guaranteed.

If you become eligible, you get it automatically. If you don't get it automatically, you're not eligible

Hi Antony,

I'd like to confirm that the information Petra shared with you is correct. For more information, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,
Can anyone please guide, I have done more than 5 Jobs on upwork and earned over $2000 so far, despite having a 100% complete profile, Cleared Upwork Rediness test and upto date profile and availability, I am not getting the Rising Talent Badge so far!

However, Few of my clients (They were new to Upwork Too) requirements were to allow login access to their Quick Book accounts, so they asked for my email and i provided the same email to them and that was the need of that project.
I do not find any voliation to the terms of community, Can anyone please guide me how to get the badge, I'm new to Upwork and have been here for the last 6 Months now.

THanks in advance

Hi Musawir,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello!

I am a newbie here and I am really looking forward to getting at least a job success score or rising talent badge. But now I read through a guide to getting in the rising talent program and realised that passing the upwork readiness test was a requirement for that, but you removed the skill tests. What is going to happen now?

Upwork Readiness Test is still available under the Find Work tab.

Wow, I had not noticed that. Thank you Maria!

Hello upwork, I have done upwork readlines test passed 5 time with 5 score but i did'nt get rising talent badget on my profile. Kindly help me. Thank you.

Same here. I completed the upwork readiness test and have not got the rising talent badget yet. Is there something else that needs to happen?

Hi Azeem and  Priyanka,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I am a new freelancer to Upwork. I have passed the Upwork Readiness test and after looking at the criteria for the Rising Talent Badge I feel that I am fulfilling all the eligibility required so I just want to know How can I get

> Rising Talent Badge

> Mobile no verification Badge

> Fluent English Badge

Hi Pooja,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

You can get a verification badge next to your English language. You can do that by taking the new English Certification Test, by Duolingo. You will be taking the test on Duolingo, but can post the results on Upwork! Here are instructions to take the test:

Take the English certification test. It'll take 20 minutes, and will incur a cost of $49. You'll need a valid photo ID and a webcam. It's available on Android, iOS, and Chrome desktop.

After taking the test, you can add it to your profile by clicking Share Certificate > Upwork.

Once done, you'll see a "Certification Badge" on your profile, and your English language proficiency will be marked "verified."

Regarding "Mobile no verification Badge", I'm not quite sure what you mean. Could you please clarify?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you, this is ver helpful.
For mobile no verification badge, please refer to this photo attached.

Hi Pooja,

Thank you for following up and sharing the screenshot. Please note that users are asked to complete phone verification in certain cases. Unfortunately, it's not possible to initiate the process at the freelancer's request and if it's ever necessary for you to complete phone verification, you'll receive a notification.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey Priyanka! The other requirements for that is active past 90 days, complete your projects on time maintain 100% complete profile, keep your availability status up-to-date, regularly submit proposal ,adhere to upwork term's of services

Hello
I have completed all steps to became Raising talent, including test and completing profile. But still didn't get it.
Are there anything that I can do?

Hi, I'm Olufemi and a 3D Artist. I joined this platform way back Nov. 2020. After reading the requirements of earning a rising talent badge, I discovered I've met all possible requirements but I'm yet to be invited by Upwork team. Please is there anything I've been missing? Though I'm still new and I'm gradually getting recognized with few jobs I've been able to complete and earn good reviews, I'm not desperate to get those badges. I'll patiently wait till I'm eligible to earn them.
Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olufemi, 

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

I would also like to note that not all freelancers will get a Rising Talent badge. Some go straight to getting a Job Success Score and work towards the Top Rated Program. I think you're in the right mindset, and you should continue doing great work on your contracts. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I have 7 years work history. I changed my service type in last year. Can I eligible for Rising Talent program?

Hi Md. Mrinal,

While anyone without a Job Success Score is eligible to participate in the Rising Talent program, there is no application process. Freelancers are added to the program when they qualify. Please visit this help article for more information about the requirements.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Upwork Team,

I'm Abdul **Edited for Community Guidelines**.
It's been almost 30 days since I joined Upwork.
I have got 5 jobs and completed all of them successfully.

I have completed my profile 100%.
I have completed the Upwork Readiness Test.

When will I receive the RISING TALENT Badge?

Thank you!

Regards:
Abdul Wahhab

Hi Abdul,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I submitted my work late. Not really late the client is ok with I got 5 stars. Does it mean I am not eligible for Rising talent?

Hi Chitturi,

Due dates on milestones have no effect on your profile nor the badge eligibility. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

yeah I know 

it eligible criteria it says

Complete projects on time and as promised to clients?

Hi I have been rewarded with rising talent badge like 6 weeks back and now I can't see it. In last days I ended one contract as it was on hold by the upwork. And one more contract too due to that client was suspended. Is that the reason behind. What is my fault in it. I completed both the jobs successfully but there was some issue with client that upwork hold the contract. When will I get my badge again and kindly look at my profile too so I can know my mistakes as I have been shown seeing 118 time in few days but still not being hired. Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Fatima,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify again, it will be added to you account automatically. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I have a similar query. Earlier today, I passed the Rising Talent test. But I'm still getting notified with "take the test". It's as if there's a bug in the system.

Where can I report this problem for it to be sorted?

Many thanks

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you created a support ticket for the issue you are facing. Please allow time for our team to carefully review your account and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Similar query here.I passed the Rising Talent test. But I'm still getting notified 

Hi Saleem,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi All,

I had been a rising talent just a couple of days ago & now 'Graduated'.

While reading the job requirements - I see a question mark on the rising talent.

What views on it?

Do I need to achieve some more milestones to have this question mark removed?

Or there is something else?

Regards,

Prodyne

Hi Prodyne,

It looks like you've got your Job Success Score! Once you have enough work history on Upwork, your Rising Talent status is automatically replaced by a JSS. Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, Vladimir.
Can you check my profile please and tell me why i didn't get a rising talent padge, please.

Hi Ahmed,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths