🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is it fraud or it's normal?
Page options
0faf1fe4
Community Member

Is it fraud or it's normal?

I am a freelance graphic designer / web designer / typist etc.. for last 10 years.

I am new to Upwork. So I started to place proposal for some typing jobs. Most of them shared either their email id or whatsapp number. Then they share the same demo video.

Then one person shared their documents. Then demanded to pay $40 for registration. It's outside Upwork. Then they inform me that they only pay outside Upwork. Then I found something non trustrable things. They told me that they have id to provide for freelancers. Then he sent me a sample card of one employee. There is the twist. In that card written Hyveword. then I started to search for hyveword. Then I found the exact website. But in one of the document they shared it's written that www.hyve.group. When I visited that website there is nothing related with typing job. Then he promising that its their competetor. But what I felt is like a copy of the original one. Becuase its only banner image they use same. This is one case.

Then I recieved other one. She also demands $60 for registration. It also I have to pay outside Upwork.

If anyone experience this same thing, please share. If I am worng or not please reply.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Total scams. There are so many here that yes, it is normal. Never respond, block them, and keep reporting them here as you just did. And please read this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Please know that a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. You should never get paid or pay someone outside of Upwork. You may open yourself up to scams or fraud, and lose Upwork Payment Protection. 

I would like to clarify that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. You may want to check this thread and this help article for more information. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

~ Nikola
Upwork
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Total scams. There are so many here that yes, it is normal. Never respond, block them, and keep reporting them here as you just did. And please read this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths