🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is this invitation a scam?
Page options
5505f923
Community Member

Is this invitation a scam?

This job advertisement:

Need 800 German people. Native & non-native both are ok.

Here is the below requirement:

1) Need German native & non-native speaker

2) Need 6 solo call

3) Need 3 microphone type

4) Need two call source

You can complete 6 calls at a time. No need gap between each call. too urgent project

This is a solo voice mail project. This is not a calling project. No need to talk directly with people. this is an easy project.

You need to spend 20 min to complete this task. Please help me this time for long-term cooperation.

Hello, this is the job I was invited to do. My question is, is this a scam? Because of the large number of applicants. I also received 2 similar invitations. Are they scams?

8 REPLIES 8
jmossop8
Community Member

I have the same question and experience on day 1 of being on the platform. I would be interested to know if you ever had an answer.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this platform and immediately got multiple invitations for a voice mail project in Bangladesh.  This sounded a bit odd to me. Can someone share their experience on the legitamacy of the project or other relevant advice? Thanks

Hi J,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand you have reservations about whether this job post is legit or not. You may review the tips here to learn how to avoid questionable jobs. Should you encounter any suspicious user activity, you may send us a flag s so we can review and take actions based on our internal processes.

~ AJ
Upwork
chekabt
Community Member

I have also recently received this invite. I think it might be a voice-harvesting scam for an AI or scam company where they will take ownership of your voice to create a voice-over in a scam centre 

224bfce4
Community Member

That's a good point! I've also received an invitation for this type of job, and I hadn't even considered it might be a harvesting scheme for AI. Thank you for bringing up that possibility!

9b64c56b
Community Member

i thought the same thing...instructions arent very clear either. I'm hesitant to even start it... may just play it safe to the feelings I had already plus seeing this thread of similiar hestiance and just let it go...not worth losing sleep over

hellojessbee
Community Member

Received the invite too and declined as it seems like voice harvesting. I also received an invite to join someone's professional network - but she has a locked profile and didn't say what the network is for. Declined that too.

upwork is real plat form not scam
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths