🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Issues adding my VAT to my account
Page options
h4gedorn
Community Member

Issues adding my VAT to my account

Hi,

I am currently having issues adding my VAT (European tax ID) to my account.

Every time I attempt to add a VAT number to my profile, I get an email denying my request (see attached photo).

I have tried 4 different VAT numbers (my Danish VAT both with and without the country code (DK) and the same goes for my Portuguese VAT both with and without country code (PT)).

In the email, I also get a link with instructions on how to format it, but even with the formatting, nothing happens.

Is there any other way to add my VAT to my profile or is there any way to get in contact with the support?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Jacob, Tax ID and VAT ID are two completely different matters. Unless you are registered for VAT in the countries you mentioned (and a tax ID is not in any way a VAT ID) you can't do this.

Unless you have significant earnings already as a business in those countries you are unlikely to have a VAT ID and you don't need one anyway unless you have quite significant income as a business.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Jacob, Tax ID and VAT ID are two completely different matters. Unless you are registered for VAT in the countries you mentioned (and a tax ID is not in any way a VAT ID) you can't do this.

Unless you have significant earnings already as a business in those countries you are unlikely to have a VAT ID and you don't need one anyway unless you have quite significant income as a business.

h4gedorn
Community Member

You're right.

After doing a bit of research myself too, I just realised that I got something mixed up,  so it suddenly makes sense why it kept denying it.

Thanks for the help, though. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths