🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Legit job or scam?
Page options
97409d62
Community Member

Legit job or scam?

Hi all, I'm new here! I saw a job that was simple with the point of helping new freelancers get first jobs and good reviews. I applied and received a message asking me to email someone else to get more info. Is this a scam? I put the message below: 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Is it normal to use email to communicate with clients? Your support and advice are appreciated!

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
ashokmehta999
Community Member

Hey Rebekah,

It is likely a scam. Unfortunately, Upwork moderators have deleted the screenshot that you attached.

It is not normal for clients to take conversation outside of Upwork, unless they've hired you and want to send you documents or access to tools,etc.

Stay safe and wish you get your first job soon!🙂

759e32fa

Hi Rebekah,

As Ashok said, it is a scam as taking the conversation outside Upwork prior to a contract starting is against ToS.

We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. Should you also encounter any suspicious user activity again in the future, please send us a flag so the dedicated team can review it and take action as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths