🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Message: PAN could not be verified
Page options
08073a05
Community Member

Hello, I'm getting a message "PAN could not be verified. Please remove and re-add your number to update."

I removed and re-added my PAN, and I'm getting the same error again.

Can you please suggest what's the right procedure to add PAN?

Thank you 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Jagadeesh,

Thank you for your message. Please make sure to add your name under Legal Tax Payer Name on this link that matches your registered name on both PAN ID and the Upwork account.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
08073a05
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

The Legal Tax Payer Name field is non-editable, can you please let me know how to edit it?

And, the name on my profile (top left) is showing as Jagadeesh V (I want to edit it to full name), but there is no edit option visible there.  Can you please tell how to edit it?

Thanks, Jagadeesh

Hi Jagadeesh,

Thank you for your message. You will have an option to add your Legal Tax Payer Name while adding your PAN details. Could you please try deleting and re-adding the PAN details to include your Legal Tax Payer Name as well?

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
bea083d2
Community Member

Hello, I am facing the same issue but I can't find the option to edit name even after deleting the pan number. Can you please help.

Hi Rishabh,

I would like to clarify that you can edit your Legal Taxpayer Name under the W-8BEN section. Could you please try to update your name under this section and let us know if the issue persists? Here is a screenshot for reference.

Additionally, one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths