🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My client is new to UpWork and wants to send ...
Page options
mrzlizg
Community Member

My client is new to UpWork and wants to send me a contract offer but doesn’t know how.

My client is new to UpWork and wants to hire me, but is unfamiliar with the process of submitting a contract offer. I would like to help, but I have no experience from a client position at UpWork and I have not been in that situation. I kindly ask someone to give me advice on how to instruct him to send me a contract offer.
Thank you in advance!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "If a client sends me an interview invitation himself, I guess I don’t need to send him a job application. Whether then his procedure is the same when sending a bid for a contract?"

It might be almost the same.

It is different if he sent you an INTERVIEW invitation or a HIRE offer.

If he sent you an interview invitation, you still need to send the proposal, but you don't need to say much if you already know he wants to hire you.

You WILL need to click a green button to accept the invitation to interview, and then he will be able to see a green "Hire" button on his end.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Send this to him:

https://www.upwork.com/hiring/startup/hire-freelancer-5-simple-steps/

Also:
Keep in mind that the client doesn't need to "write" a contract. The freelancer doesn't need to "write" a contract. The client basiclly just posts a job and then clicks the green "Hire" button. It isn't complicated to "send a contract offer." Upwork has default contract language.

If you and the client are both new, then use an hourly contract for maximum simplicity and come here to the Forum to ask any questions that you have.

I am aware that neither the client nor the freelancer has to “write” the contract.

I will need here one more info.

If a client sends me an interview invitation himself, I guess I don’t need to send him a job application. Whether then his procedure is the same when sending a bid for a contract?

re: "If a client sends me an interview invitation himself, I guess I don’t need to send him a job application. Whether then his procedure is the same when sending a bid for a contract?"

It might be almost the same.

It is different if he sent you an INTERVIEW invitation or a HIRE offer.

If he sent you an interview invitation, you still need to send the proposal, but you don't need to say much if you already know he wants to hire you.

You WILL need to click a green button to accept the invitation to interview, and then he will be able to see a green "Hire" button on his end.

I have accepted the interview invitation, so I suppose that he is abel to
see a green "Hire" button. I'll check that wit the client.

Yes.

He now must click the "Hire" button.

Then the contract will be created and you will be able to do the work.

Wait until you see a message notifying you that you were hired.

Or look here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

If you don't see a contract listed there... then you were not hired.

mrzlizg
Community Member

My client has now successfully submitted a contract offer.

Thank you so much for your help. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths