🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My freelancer profile is not approved
Page options
otte
Community Member

My freelancer profile is not approved

Hello,

I've been a member on Elance since 2011, and after migrating to Upwork (and having multiple issues while doing so - which were resolved back then), I applied for few jobs, worked on those and finished ... everything went pretty much the same as on Elance.

The problem is that back in January my profile completion rate suddenly dropped from 100% and profile was marked 'unapproved'. I've updated profile to keep completion back to 100%, yet I'm still unable to choose any plan (and therefore having 0 connects) on my freelancer profile (not agency profile).

When I open my freelancer profile and click on Membership & Connects - all I get is: "Your profile has not yet been approved" page

Is there any action I need to do? I tried email support, but they were pointing me always to agency profile, which doesn't allow for free plan, and it isn't worth it as long as you're not working in a larger team.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vilem,

The reason why you can`t work as a independent freelancer is because you`re an exclusive member of your agency. You will need to change your status to non-exclusive freelancer and submit your profile for a review. Once the status is changed you will be able to submit it for a review and if accepted you can work as an independent freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vilem,

The reason why you can`t work as a independent freelancer is because you`re an exclusive member of your agency. You will need to change your status to non-exclusive freelancer and submit your profile for a review. Once the status is changed you will be able to submit it for a review and if accepted you can work as an independent freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the response!

Figured out that I need to set everything through agency.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths