🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » NEW TO UPWORK,PLEASE GUIDE ME
Page options
malouaguirre
Community Member

NEW TO UPWORK,PLEASE GUIDE ME

so i am a newbee here on upwork and i already tried to submit applications for DATA ENTRY

and there is this message that i received, may i verify from the experts here if this is a legit client?, below  attached message for your reference. kindly enlighten me if this is a go or red flag for me. thank you!

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

That's definitely a scam and they aren't really from that company. In any case, it's against the terms of service to exchange contact information with a client or to interview with a client off of Upwork until after you have an official contract. If you refuse to use Telegram (or Skype or whatever), the majority of scammers will quickly lose interest in you.

It's also against the forum rules for you to copy/paste messages from clients (even if they're not really clients, but scammers like this one). The company that they're claiming to be from had nothing to do with this. A major clue is that they misspelled the name of their own company in the email address.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

That's definitely a scam and they aren't really from that company. In any case, it's against the terms of service to exchange contact information with a client or to interview with a client off of Upwork until after you have an official contract. If you refuse to use Telegram (or Skype or whatever), the majority of scammers will quickly lose interest in you.

It's also against the forum rules for you to copy/paste messages from clients (even if they're not really clients, but scammers like this one). The company that they're claiming to be from had nothing to do with this. A major clue is that they misspelled the name of their own company in the email address.

thank you for your kind response and for enlightening me. my apology for the copy paste. 

Godbless

JoanneP

Hi Maria Lourdes,

If you see a job or a profile that seems suspicious, you can report it to us using the flagging option. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork

much appreciate you for the guide Ms Joanne.

Hoping that i could get a start soon

thank you & GodBless

I searched this issue, as I just today was offered something from that same scam. 

Is it in the process of being taken down?  Wondering how long it takes to remove that type of scam, as it looks like the orginal poster and myself both had this experience in the last week or so.

Wanted to reiterate I have the same issue and this does not look legitimate.

Thanks.

Hi Justin,

If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to report it, here's how. We take every report of suspicious or inappropriate activity seriously. Every report is sent directly to our Trust and Safety team for investigation.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths