🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need admin help and understanding ( Multiple ...
Page options
kosmos97
Community Member

Need admin help and understanding ( Multiple accounts )

Hello, I'm Luka. I recently started working on Upwork again. I'm so happy to be a part of this platform even though I'm currently only doing very small-budget projects. I had an old Upwork account, and I have only finished 1 or 2 jobs there. After that, I moved to a new apartment, changed my PC, and lost my password. I lost the password for my email address also. Not knowing that it is not allowed to make a new account, I made a new one. And now I'm currently using it. I've just finished my fifth job there and I'm so happy to make progress in the right direction. Later on, I recovered my email, but not for Upwork purposes. But I recovered that Upwork account as well. I didn't use it since I had a new one. Today I heard that it is not allowed to have 2 accounts, and I instantly deleted the first one. I swear to God, I didn't have any bad intentions. I didn't use that account, I didn't send proposals from both accounts, I don't have any bad reviews on either account. I have more than 150+ connects on the first account because I didn't use it. I didn't have any bad intentions. I didn't want to violate the Upwork rules in any way. If this message is seen by an administrator, I would like to ask you not to suspend me. I deleted the first account as soon as I found out about this rule. And I swear that I didn't want to violate any rule of Upwork. I'm so motivated to progress on this platform, so please don't suspend me. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Luka,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, freelancers are only allowed to have one Upwork account. Having a duplicate account is a violation of Upwork TOS. I checked this account that you used to post here in the community and I do not see any limitations on the account. Please feel free to send me a DM with more information and I'll gladly look into this for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Luka,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, freelancers are only allowed to have one Upwork account. Having a duplicate account is a violation of Upwork TOS. I checked this account that you used to post here in the community and I do not see any limitations on the account. Please feel free to send me a DM with more information and I'll gladly look into this for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths