🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need help related to Job success score.
Page options
ronakpatel87
Community Member

Need help related to Job success score.

Hello one of client close contract and ask for refund from escrow.it will affect my job score ? I unable to work for client because client not providing access detail of website.

when i ask for access of server or FTP and at least for team viewer. then he said not then how i can fix that job. and after then he ended contract and requested for escrow funded amount.

what happen i approve his request, it will affect my job success score ?

if yes then what is the option for me to do not affecting my job success score. please help me.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

@Ronak P wrote:
he ended contract and requested for escrow funded amount.

The effect on your job success score is already set by whatever feedback the client left when he closed the contract.

If you didn't do the work of course you can't dispute, you'd lose any dispute because the dispute would look at the work completed which is none.

Thanks for the reply but as i said how i can work without access of code.

without code acces i can't work on his project.

then what i need to do for not affecting my job score.

and yes i will approve refund request but is it possible it will not affect score because you already know without any access it's not possible to work on code.

Thanks.

@Ronak P wrote:

then what i need to do for not affecting my job score.

There is nothing you can do now. It's too late.

The time to "do something" was before the client closed the contract.

ok Thank and if client given best start rating and feedback then it will not affect my score right ?

and if client given bad feedback then i can request him for feedback change and after client change his feedback to best then is it possible to do not affect my score ?

Thanks.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I unable to work for client because client not providing access detail of website."

Why didn't you verify access before you accepted the contract?

That's what I do.

Thanks for the reply.

And yes i learnt something from my mistake that i need to ask for detail first before accepting contract.

but for now is it possible to do not affect job score. if client agree for same ?

i mean he will change his bad review or start to something good ?

and i need to refund him?

Thanks.

Ronak:

If you were not able to access his system and you were not able to do any work at all, then you need to agree to the refund. Period.

You can't tie up this client's money if you didn't do the the work he wanted you to do.

For two reasons:

1) He would dispute your payment, and he would win the dispute

but more importantly:

2) Trying to keep his money is the wrong thing to do.

So the Job Success Score is kind of irrelevent in making this decision.

If you are not getting paid any money for this contract, then there will be no "bad review" on your profile. So that is irrelevent. Nothing about this contract will appear on your profile.

There may be some kind of private feedback - that doesn't appear on your profile page - and that could affect your JSS. But that private feedback is going to be better and more positive if you refund all of his payment.

Private feedback can't be changed after a contract has been closed. The time to issue a refund - or proactively agree to a refund or offer a refund - is before a contract actually gets closed.

@Preston H wrote:

There may be some kind of private feedback - that doesn't appear on your profile page - and that could affect your JSS. But that private feedback is going to be better and more positive if you refund all of his payment.

There already IS private feedback, the client has already ended the contract.

It's "game over"

It is inaccurate to say there "may" be private feedback. There ALWAYS is when a client ends a contract. Private feedback ALWAYS affects the JSS (for better or for worse.)

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i will approve his refund request. but i was just want to know about that JSS effect or not.

But now no need any clarification.

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths