🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork and need guidance? Sign up for ...
Page options
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

New to Upwork and need guidance? Sign up for our new cohort!

Our Coaching team provides tips for growing your business with Upwork, discusses strategies that might help you be successful on Upwork, and is your guide for all things Upwork. 

Please join us for our upcoming cohort geared towards talent new to Upwork who are looking for more information and best practices for a successful start!

The coaching cohort will kick off on July 4, 2022, with sign-up remaining open until July 8, 2022.

Update: sign-up for this cohort has been closed. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
14 REPLIES 14
6e38530f
Community Member

hi my name is Serdar i am from azerbaijan please accept my application to join the group

2ab3aa52
Community Member

Hello Valeria K.

Thank you for your best advice. I quickly join for now. New To Upwork Coaching Cohort starting on July 4, 2022.

db47b0cf
Community Member

1. Valeria K wrote:

Our Coaching team provides tips for growing your business with Upwork, discusses strategies that might help you be successful on Upwork, and is your guide for all things Upwork. 

Please join us for our upcoming cohort geared towards talent new to Upwork who are looking for more information and best practices for a successful start!

The coaching cohort will kick off on July 4, 2022, with sign-up remaining open until July 8, 2022.

dictarghanene
Community Member

Hello Valerie. I will like to join your group

Chukwudumebi, Serdar and others,

Were you able to access the link in my original post and request to join the group? Let me know if you had any problems with that. You should still be able to join the cohort today and tomorrow. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
9de047ba
Community Member

Hi Valeria, when are the next coaching cohorts starting? the dates above have passed.

I'm a new client using Upwork and want to know about acceptable forms on communication with freelancers. Does it all go via the site or once you've started do people use things like WhatsApp? Or does it all need to be via zoom on the site? 

Sorry lots of questions. I want to be careful as my job is about trying to retrieve a hacked Instagram Account. So now I'm suspicious and nervous about what is acceptable and want to do the right thing.

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for reaching out. The Coaching Cohort that Valeria originally shared was targeted at new freelancers. Nonetheless, to assist you with your question, all communication with a freelancer must remain on Upwork until a contract is in place. You can use the various options available to you through Upwork Messages to discuss the project with your potential candidates. Once a contract starts, you are free to use any communication channel you choose. You can check this help article for more details about sharing information on Upwork.

In addition, since you're fairly new on the platform, you may want to also check this article to get started.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c2c2622a
Community Member

Hello Maam Valerie, I am a newbie freelancer I dont know how this job work. I need assistance from tenured freelancers! How to join?  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Marlou,

Thank you for your message. You can use the link shared by Valeria to join the group. Click 'Send request to join ' button.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
imsaqibriaz
Community Member

Hello, can you tell me about the next one?

Hi Muhammad, 

Our Coaching team is here to provide tips on how to grow your business on Upwork, discuss success strategies, and be your guide. Cohorts are closed at this time, but please watch out on the page and sign up when it opens up. Thank you!
~ Joanne
Upwork
fe4d82b9
Community Member

How to join your group? The link is not working. It is saying "the group is closed for new members".

Hi Gargi,

Thank you for your message. You can use the link shared by Valeria to join the group. Click the 'Send request to join ' button. Please wait for your request to be approved.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths