🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment Process
Page options
6897d975
Community Member

Payment Process

So, I am new to Upwork and want to understand how process of payment works here.
As example, with fixed price jobs, do client send payment to Upwork and after job is completed and client is satisfied, Upwork sends it to freelancer?
And I need some kind of app to monitor my job process if I choose a job with hourly payment?

Sorry for possibly dumb questions, I'm from Ukraine and it's hard to think straight after seeing neighbour yards been bombed.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Artem,

Thank you for reaching out and no need to be sorry about asking this question. Let me give you some clarity: 

• Fixed-price contracts are based on milestones. You and your client would agree on how many milestones would the project take and your client will pay you the agreed-to amount for each milestone. Once you complete a milestone, you will submit your deliverable to your client and wait for them to review it and release the payment to you. Once released, the funds will go through a five-day security period before you can withdraw them.
  • On Hourly contracts, you and your client would agree on your hourly rate for the project in question. You will track your time using the Upwork Desktop App. Your client will be automatically billed each Monday for the previous week's hours, and during that same week in which they're billed, they will review those hours. Your funds for the logged hours will become available after 10 days, the Wednesday following the review period.

In addition, you may want to check here to see which payment options you have to withdraw your funds. I'm hoping you're well and safe, our thoughts are with you and those impacted by the ongoing conflict. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Artem,

Thank you for reaching out and no need to be sorry about asking this question. Let me give you some clarity: 

• Fixed-price contracts are based on milestones. You and your client would agree on how many milestones would the project take and your client will pay you the agreed-to amount for each milestone. Once you complete a milestone, you will submit your deliverable to your client and wait for them to review it and release the payment to you. Once released, the funds will go through a five-day security period before you can withdraw them.
  • On Hourly contracts, you and your client would agree on your hourly rate for the project in question. You will track your time using the Upwork Desktop App. Your client will be automatically billed each Monday for the previous week's hours, and during that same week in which they're billed, they will review those hours. Your funds for the logged hours will become available after 10 days, the Wednesday following the review period.

In addition, you may want to check here to see which payment options you have to withdraw your funds. I'm hoping you're well and safe, our thoughts are with you and those impacted by the ongoing conflict. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6897d975
Community Member

It  made things clear, thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths